Today’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish, is Top Ten Beach Reads. Seems like a lot of people are excited for this topic!!
Ahh, being a Chicago suburbanite, I don’t often get to see the gorgeous beach. The closest I usually get is Lake Michigan unless I take some real vacations. But nonetheless, beach reads are always fun!
Top Ten Beach Reads
1. Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella: I just went to this one first because this is the book I took with me when we went to Gulf Shores, Alabama for spring break in college. This was truly a beach read for me!
2. One Moment by Kristina McBride: So it’s not a happy summer story, but I liked it all the same! Liked it quite a bit actually. It starts on Memorial Day and wraps up at the end of summer, so it’s fitting for the time!
3. One for the Money by Janet Evanovich: Stephanie’s a good read anytime, anywhere. Seems especially good for fun in the sun!
4. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde: Okay, so it’s not really a beachy kind of book. But I brought it with to the beach in North Carolina so it makes my list on the fact that it actually saw the beach!
5. What Looks Like Crazy by Charlotte Hughes: This was a super cute and easy to read chick book. I had a lot of fun reading it and perfect for a day of relaxing at the beach!
6. Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen: A much hyped book, but one I really enjoyed.
7. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris: Sookie’s always fun to read, and while there’s a lot of paranormal going on in these books, still light and quick reads!
8. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares: Super cute series and just seems beach appropriate.
9. Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella: While it’s not my favorite series of all time, still very enjoyable. And it was way better than the movie, by the way.
10. Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot: I love Meg, and I especially love this series! Chick lit, romance, and mystery all tied in one!
1 thought on “Top Ten Tuesday – June 12, 2012: Top Ten Beach Reads”
Great summer reading choices and I love that you included beach photos! Water for Elephants and the Sookie books are perfect summer reads. And I want to try out the Meg Cabot series and One for the Money sometime too. Hope you have some fun summer reading adventures!