It’s time again for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish!
This week’s theme is: Top Ten Characters I’d Like To Switch Places With For 24 Hours
Oooh okay. This reminds me a bit of my good old Freaky Friday posts (for those of you who were lucky enough to catch them or unfortunate enough to be put through that, depending on how you want to look at it) before I realized it was a really hard weekly feature and promptly took it down after a few weeks…. Whoops. This will be more fun! A quick post and people I actually want to switch places with. Hmm, okay. Here goes!
1. My good old stand-in, Stephanie Plum (a creation of Janet Evanovich). First off, I think I’d fit well in her life (Italian family, pretty accident-prone, etc) so I think I could take it on! Not sure how I’d handle tackling bounty hunters… Maybe that would be Stephanie’s day off! But I sure as hell wouldn’t mind getting mixed up between Joe Morelli and Ranger! Plus I think it’d be a hoot to hang out with all of Steph’s kooky friends like Lula, Connie, Sally Sweet, and her crazy Grandma. I’m in!
2. Anna Whitt from Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins. Two words: Kaidan Rowe. I just finished this book (review scheduled) and this is just a preview of my fan girling over this book. Granted there are many temptations that Anna faces and evils she has to deal with, but 24 hours with Kaidan Rowe would be worth it! Plus I’d get to use all her super awesome Nephilim powers and that would be pretty awesome. Let’s hope I catch her on a good day!
3. Izzy Spellman from The Spellman series (by Lisa Lutz). Coming from a hilarious family of private investigators (okay, maybe not as hilarious to her since none of her life is private), I think if it was only 24 hours, it’d be hilarious to hang out with this family that gives each other code names and does not at normal whatsoever! It’s a riot a minute in these books and her sister Rae also seems like someone I’d totally get along with. I’d just love to see where I fit in somewhere in that wacky family.
4. Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series (J.K. Rowling). Smart. Classy. A witch. And totally badass. Not to mention once that whole Voldemort mess is over, she’s on to bigger and better things, together with Ron, and has an awesome friend like Harry. And magic? Hell yeah, let me in that club! Pottermore just isn’t enough. I want to really experience Hogwarts! I’m sure it was just Errol who lost my Hogwarts letter… Right?
5. Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore. Once Katsa finally breaks free of her uncle’s reign, she’s onto awesome missions to help people in need, has amazing fighting skills (and then some), and starts a romance with Po. Katsa’s world just seems like a place I would love to experience! I’d love to see how the Graces worked and try out her abilities.
6. Rose Hathaway from the Vampire Academy series (Richelle Mead). Wait a minute… Am I choosing all of these people based on the romance that’s involved in the book? Okay well… kind of guilty there. But I really do love the vampire world that Richelle Mead creates! It’s interesting, it’s refreshing, and Rose is another awesome fighter (sheesh, for not fighting at all in my own life, apparently these are the people I want to switch places with). She’s got a great friend in Lissa and helloooooo Dimitri! Swoon.
7. Princess Buttercup from The Princess Bride by William Goldman. Princess, but used to be a commoner. Tough but a total romantic. And then there’s Westley. I love this love story! And I love the sass and wit that not only is the movie (which I saw first), but I learned that ALL of it came directly from the book. I’d also love to hang out with Inigo and Fezzik, you know, just riding around on white horses after totally humiliating Prince Humperdink. I’ll just stay away from the R.O.U.S.s – So is it a deal? Can we make that happen? Just say it – “As you wish.”
8. Lena Haloway from Delirium/Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. So maybe it wouldn’t be such a great time in Delirium, but I love the love story of falling in love. I totally fell in love with that book and really liked following Lena’s story – I’d definitely like to switch right where Pandemonium left us at the end. Lena’s got some awesome stuff to deal with and some crazy revelations (none of which I will reveal since they are huge spoilers!) but she’s morphed into such a stronger person than she ever though she could be and it seems like that’s the turning point in her life! It would be a great place to jump in and totally take charge.
9. Heather Wells from (created by Meg Cabot). I just started reading the 4th book in the Heather Wells series, Size 12 and Ready to Rock, and I’m really enjoying it so far! Even after all these years, I’m still in love with her relationship with Cooper and she just seems like so much fun! In so many ways, I really relate and she kind of handles situations how I (think) I would handle them.
10. Ismae from Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. This is another one that I just read recently and usually I wouldn’t pick such a historical setting – I’ve never been one for the middle ages, but with Ismae, it just totally works. She makes the middle ages tough and desirable. She’s got awesome powers (albeit dark ones used for killing) and she’s in total control of her life. I’d love to switch places with her with all her confidence too. And of course, I’ll mention the love interest of Duval. How could I not?
So upon completing this list, apparently I picked a lot of these girls because they were A) strong and fighting heroines or B) have swoony relationships. I’m not quite sure what that says about me… But I’m interested to see what everyone else picks! Link me up with your choices! I’d love to see them!!!
31 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – July 31, 2012: Top Ten Characters I’d Like To Switch Places With For 24 Hours”
Great top ten! The only two I noticed were Katsa and Hermione. I didn’t want to add Katsa myself because she annoyed me a little with her obtuse nature, but other than that, she was rather kick ass! 🙂
Hah, I totally understand! She certainly was!
So glad to hear you are enjoying Size 12 and REady to Rock! I just picked it up from the library!!!!!!
Yay!!! I hope you love it 🙂
I almost had Lena on my list but changed it at the last minute!
Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and you definitely need to read Of Poseidon. I loved it!
Great picks! I didn’t even think of including Lena from Delirium. I love that series though!
Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Thanks! I know, I can’t wait for Requiem to come out!!
Great list! Stephanie Plum would definitely be a fun pair of shoes to fill! Although I’d want to trade places with her on a day she’s not getting shot at! 😉 Thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day! Sorry I’m just now getting back to you. I’m a new follower! 😀
Thanks so much!
Haha, very good point – I wouldn’t want to be Stephanie a day when she’s on the job 🙂
Now that I think about it, I think I’d rather switch places with Grandma Mazur than Stephanie (though neither made my list of ten)…I think it’d be a hoot to be that crazy old lady for a day and wear spandex and bright pink lipstick!
LOVE the Spellman books. Izzy has such a crazy life, espeically keeping track of her little sister Rae!
I love the Spellman books too! They’re just soo much fun.
Haha, oh boy, that would be a wild day as Grandma Mazur!!
i wanna read princess bride, too! and Sweet Evil sounds pretty good. Hermione & Heather Wells are my faves, I’m sure you know. 🙂 ~dixie
Sweet Evil is SO GOOD. Easily my favorite read of the year so far!
Great list. Those romances are awesome. I’d love to switch places with those heroines.
I love your list! Stephanie Plum is the best! My TTT
I picked Buttercup too, for mostly the same reasons! And I definitely am with you on Katsa, but I’d pick a different HP character because I want to hang out with Hermione 🙂
Thanks for stopping by my TTT!
Ohh very good point! But I’d get the plus of hanging out with Ron. Maybe I’d have to pick someone completely different like Neville! 🙂
I love Hermione, Heather Wells & Buttercup as suggestions – I don’t know how I forgot Buttercup especially!
Out of curiosity, what book is your background from?
I took it from the middle/end of Delirium by Lauren Oliver 🙂
Son of a…HOW DID I FORGET BUTTERCUP?!? I would love to be Ismae too!! I tried to add a few boys to my list because I was totally going with the same BAMF females and I was like “WOW way to be sooo predictable, Alyssa!!” I haven’t read a lot of these other titles, might have to add them!!
Hahaha, right? That’s what my list is about apparently – Kicking ass and kissing boys.
Add them, add them! They’re so great 🙂
I picked Hana from Delirium, although Lena is lovely as well, of course.
Hana’s probably a better choice, actually! I think I just liked how much Lena grew from her experiences 🙂
Stephanie Plum, Heather Wells and Princess Buttercup – for these three alone I love your list. And not just because at some time or another I’ve had slight literary crushes on Morelli, Cooper and Westley… /shifty
But I think these ladies would be so much fun to switch places with. And I’m not sure anyone could be as clueless as Stephanie Plum is 😛 So I think I’d fit in fine 😉
Haha, exactly! That’s precisely how I felt 🙂
Whoa, great list! I really want to read the Heather Wells series and now the Spellman series; they sound so great! I’ve never read the Princess Bride, but your list is the second one I’ve seen it on. Perhaps it’s a sign I need to read it? I do love the movie! 🙂
Thanks! Both of those are sooo much fun 🙂 I was really hesitant about The Princess Bride but the movie and the book are SO SIMILAR that it’s almost like reading the movie lol. I loved it
Looks like we have a little overlap. I’m pretty sure Hermoine is my 1st choice though. And Buttercup. Still my fave book/ movie after all these years.
Definitely! I’ve always loved the Princess Bride. Surprisingly I didn’t go to HP first, but HP will make my lists almost always lol
Katsa ans Ismae would be awesome characters to switch places with, and Hermione too, with all that magic! Great choices 🙂
Thanks!! 🙂 I had so much fun making this list!