Okay, okay, after seeing it everywhere… I’m in!
I was a little hesitant at first to join up with Bloggiesta because my weekends are so random. I was afraid I wouldn’t have enough time to dedicate to it because I’m usually out and about and I didn’t want to say I’d join in and then complete zero of my goals! To be fair, I’ll make a few small ones – I do too much constant maintenance that I don’t really have anything huge to do anyway! So here it is:
First and foremost: READ!!! I’m falling behind on my reading pace and my reviews are going to suffer from it soon.
- Update & link up my Goodreads reviews. I don’t mind that most of them are just small blurbs, but none of them have links because I’m too lazy to update once my blog review goes live.
- Clean up some of my blog post categories. I somehow amassed quite a few as I went along. I think I’ll condense.
- Make a new and better Book Addict’s Guide button. I JUST bought Photoshop Elements and I have no idea what I’m doing so I’m going to experiment and see what I can do with it. Maybe I’ll even go crazy and redo my header again if I can do something cool. I’m still not a fan of this WordPress theme because I absolutely hate the font but this was the only theme that fit that big, fat header.
- Pin more bookish things to my new blog-related Pinterest! (Just what I need to do… waste more time on Pinterest!)
- Comment more on other people’s blogs. I’ve been doing too much of my blogging at work and the comments are suffering from it! I’m actually doing work at work and then I run out of time to comment.
- Work ahead on the Deja Vu Review (and update page on my blog)
- Work ahead on Casting Call (and update page on my blog)
- Work ahead on Top Ten Tuesday
- Update master list of reviews
- Update events page
- Check up on my other pages and see if they need any updating
Geez, look at this. I started by making small goals and now it’s updates up to my ears! That’s okay. I have a whole weekend. And then some!
9 thoughts on “Bloggiesta 2012 – Okay, okay, I’m in!”
I completely understand about the commenting at work thing. I have notice a great portion of blog activity take place while I am at work and it is really hard for me to comment before 2 o’clock. The way my job works I have to have a ton of files done by 2, so I don’t get to comment much that early.
Yay, I’m glad you’re joining in! Good luck with all your goals. That’s great that you’re experimenting with photoshop. I like that we’re all cheering each other on while we’re doing blog maintenance 🙂
It’s so much fun! I’m kind of starting now and just working through bloggiesta. I have so many things I want to do and I’m not sure how the weekend will play out.
Thanks for the encouragement, Lucy! 🙂
Those are great goals! Good for you!
Ack! My cat hit the tab button then I hit the enter button!
I’m too disorganized to make any goals. I just seem to plod along at a good rate and get things done. Is it too late to join?
I JUST joined yesterday so I think you still can 🙂
I’m working on some stuff already because I have no idea how much time I’ll have that weekend. I think as long as I get them done, close enough 🙂
Yay I’m glad you decided to join! I wasn’t sure if I’d be busy or not but I wanted to try and get some stuff done that weekend too. Good luck with all your goals, I will help cheer you on!
Thank you!! 🙂 I think I might actually start soon and just try to get it done by next weekend because I might not even be in town that weekend lol.