It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish!
This Week’s Topic is: Top Ten Books I Read In 2012
TOP TEN (er… thirteen) BOOKS OF 2012
(in no particular order because how can I possibly rank them)
1. JUST ONE DAY BY GAYLE FORMAN: It’s Gayle. Come on.
2. THE SEA OF TRANQUILITY BY KATJA MILLAY: I think anyone who’s read this will be on the same page with me! Simply beautiful.
3. ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS BY STEPHANIE PERKINS: A main character that I loved, cute romance, great story
4. TIGER LILY BY JODI LYNN ANDERSON: Gorgeous writing.
5. SWEET EVIL BY WENDY HIGGINS: Swooning for Kaidan, interesting plot
6. IF I STAY BY GAYLE FORMAN: And Where She Went too…
7. THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE BY JANDY NELSON: Read in one sitting
8. GRAVE MERCY BY ROBIN LAFEVERS: I had no idea how badass historical fiction was
9. SHADOW AND BONE BY LEIGH BARDUGO: Great concept, loved the Russian influences
10. GRACELING BY KRISTIN CASHORE: Remind me again why I still haven’t read Fire?
11. MEANT TO BE BY LAUREN MORRILL: Super cute contemporary
12. TIME BETWEEN US BY TAMARA IRELAND STONE: Love the time travel and taking place in IL!!
13. READY PLAYER ONE BY ERNEST CLINE: I loved nerding out to this!
What were your favorite books read in 2012? Any in common??
I can’t wait to see what 2013 holds!!
21 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – December 18, 2012: Top Ten Books I Read In 2012”
I love that you have ten million books on your list you cheater ! 🙂 So many great reads. This is a fabulous list.
So many of these I still need to read 😀 Here is my TTT
I have only read two of those! I have some serious reading ahead of me in 2013!! Yay! 🙂
I love how you couldn’t narrow it down to just ten…that means there were some fabulous reads out there this year! Great list; I have seriously got to get to a few of these in 2013.
I had “If I stay” (and “Where she went”) too – one of the few books that has ever made me bawl my eyes out. That part where Mia’s grandfather is talking to her, telling her it’s OK if she lets go – augh, gets me every time. I so have to get “Meant to Be” – I keep seeing it all over the place, and it sounds so cute, but I just haven’t gotten round to it. And “Graceling” is awesome. 🙂
geez, I cannot wait to get my hands on the gayle forman one. also, everyone seems to really love tiger lily, I think it’s going on the list…and I really wanna read ready player one. good list 🙂
I’m so excited to read ‘Just One Day’! Here’s my TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/top-books/
Alice @ Alice in Readerland
Great list. Grave Mercy has appeared on quite a few lists, looking forward to reading it
Hope you enjoy it! I really surprised me how much I liked it.
YES to Ready Player One! I love seeing this on someone else’s list! I, too, loved nerding out. I recommend it to all my friends. Grave Mercy is on my Christmas break reading list — it sounds so fabulous!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!! It really surprised me how much I loved it.
Awesome list. I really want to read Grave Mercy, Shadow and Bone, Tiger Lily, and Sweet Evil. Thanks for sharing. Here is my TTT. =] http://thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-read-in.html
Great list! Some of these are still on my TBR list.
My Top Ten Tuesday
Such a wonderful list! It definitely was hard to narrow down, which is a good problem to have I guess 🙂 I see a few of my faves on your list and a few I still need to catch up with (Shadow and Bone, Tiger Lily, Sweet Evil…I’m looking at you!). Love your taste in books!
I want to read tiger lily–fairy tale retelling AND I’ve heard great things about it, and Ready Player One. With a title like that…it’s gotta be fascinating! 🙂
I also put The Sea of Tranquility on my list… I’m wondering how much it will stick with me, as I have a hard time predicting that, but I still can’t think of anything I didn’t like about it, so that definitely makes my Top Ten!
Anna is definitely on mine, too! Some of these I really want to read and just haven’t made it to them yet, and a couple I want to read because of you raving how great they are, so I can’t pass them up. Great list! Great list! Here’s my TTT.
Vyki @ On The Shelf
Check out my Giveaway!
We both share Tiger Lily, of course 🙂 I’ve read a few other ones on your list and I think they’re great choices! I really hope to read Time Between Us soon.
I have more than 10, too! I couldn’t just pick 10. Anna is also on my list. I just finished reading Sea of Tranquility last night. Stayed up way too late finishing it. I’m seeing a nap in my future for today 🙂
Ooh very interesting list! Quite a few are books I hope to read one day, and I loved Ready Player One and Graceling too.
Great list! Here’s mine:
1. See You At Harry’s by Jo Knowles (MG)
2. I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella (adult)
3. Heist Society (series) by Ally Carter (YA)
4. Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson (YA)
5. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (YA)
6. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (YA)
7. State of Wonder by Ann Patchett (adult)
8. Intentions by Deborah Heiligman (YA)
9. Liar & Spy by Rebecca Stead (MG)
10. One For The Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt (MG)
I’ve seen Sea of Tranquility on two best of lists now so I’m putting it on my To Read list! Thanks!