It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish!
This Week’s Topic is: Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read In 2013
Okay, so. I think I’ll keep this list to books that I OWN (or maybe can get from the library?) and need to read ASAP!!
TOP TEN BOOKS I NEED TO READ IN 2013
(in no particular order)
1. CINDER by MARISSA MEYER: This is going to be one of the first books I read in 2013.
2. THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER by MICHELLE HODKIN: She actually came into town for a book signing and I felt like I couldn’t go because I didn’t want any spoilers from the first book!
3. DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE by LAINI TAYLOR: I’ve heard so many good things about this and STILL haven’t read it! Ahhh!
4. HOURGLASS by MYRA MCENTIRE: I keep forgetting I have this because it’s an ebook.
5. DEFIANCE by C.J. REDWINE: I’ve been interested in this for sooo many months now (even did an interview with CJ back in July!!) and still haven’t read the book. Ugh.
6. THE RAVEN BOYS by MAGGIE STIEFVATER: Why haven’t I read this again?
7. BEAUTIFUL CREATURES by KAMI GARCIA & MARGARET STOHL: I can finally read this now (thanks to Alyssa for the Christmas gift!!)
8. LAST SACRIFICE by RICHELLE MEAD: Okay, I don’t actually own this one. But I DO need to read it ASAP!
9. THE DISREPUTABLE HISTORY OF FRANKIE LANDAU-BANKS by E. LOCKHART: I definitely still need to read this one! Don’t own this one either but I did check it out from the library once… Then didn’t have the time to read it.
10. EVE by ANNA CAREY: Sigh. Another ebook I forgot about.
I can’t wait to read these books in 2013!! Cinder will be my first choice, and then where should I go? What other old(er) titles to do I need to read??
26 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – January 1, 2013: Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read In 2013”
A lot of the books on there I’ve either reviewed or have on my shelf to read right now! I loved Mara Dyer! It just took a certain understanding of mental trauma. I found it full of cringe-worthy horror and spell-binding suspense. Also, I was in love with the character of Noah from the beginning… XD
Stop everything and read Frankie!!!!!!! Love that one. Also, do you need Mara Dyer? You can have my copy. That book was beyond cray cray. I can’t wait to see what you think.
I actually bought a copy, but thank you! I just have to get around to it!! SOON. Definitely soon!!
I’m glad you’re reading Cinder first! That is an absolute favorite book of mine and February can’t get here fast enough to bring me Scarlet. After that you should definitely read Daughter of Smoke and Bone!
Vyki @ On The Shelf
Oh my gosh, my list is almost identical! I haven’t read any of those books yet either and I am desperate to get to a few of those right away. Good luck getting to them quickly, I look forward to your reviews and happy new year!
Great list! Loved FRANKIE! 🙂
Daughter of Smoke and Bone is on my list, too! I keep hearing all these great things about it, so I’m anxious to read it. And I also want to read Cinder, although I didn’t include it or The Raven Boys, which I started and then set aside. I do plan on getting back to it eventually but at the time I just don’t think I was at all in the mood for it.
Cinder’s on my list, as well (as is Scarlet since it comes out this year). I’ve heard SUCH good things about this book and I want to read it SO BAD!
I haven’t read any of these either but Justine has read some of them. I can’t wait to see these reviews this year!
AMAZING picks!! I forgot to add a lot of these to my list haha. Eve is def going to be on my list this year and the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.
I hope you LOVE Last Sacrifice. I just recently finished it and it was the perfect, perfect ending for me.
Lots of good books! Smoke & Bone, Cinder and Last Sacrifice are faves of mine. And I still need to read several on your list like Defiance, Hourglass and Mara Dyer. Sigh, so many books to catch up on plus all the great 2013 new releases! Hope you achieve all your reading goals and have a happy new year, Brittany!
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is a must-read!! I also really enjoyed The Raven Boys. And I have Daughter of Smoke and Bone on my to-read asap list as well. Happy reading in 2013!
Beautiful Creatures read along?! LOL. Great list my friend.
I loved Cinder! I’m currently reading the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, so it looks like that will be my first read of 2013. I really need to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone as well–it didn’t make my TTT list, but it’s definitely up there, since everyone raves about it.
I’m reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone right now. You NEED read it. I didn’t think I was going to like it, but it’s actually incredibly good!
I’ve read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Hourglass, Beautiful Creatures and Frankie Landau-Banks. Also, I am reading Cinder now. Some of them I really liked (Hourglass, Frankie) others I thought were just okay (Beautiful Creatures). One I didn’t care for – Mara Dyer. BUt I hope you like them all, and the other books you want to read.
So far, I am LOVING Cinder!
I totally agree with you on Mara Dyer. Total let down (and just plain bizzaro).
I really need to read Raven Boys, too. I loved the Scorpio Races! good luck! and read Daugher of Smoke and Bone ASAP
Love Daughter of Smoke and Bone!
I have an ARC of Eve I always need to read but you have To get started on The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer!
Yay for The Raven Boys!! It’s one of the best books I read last year so I do hope you enjoy it!
Thanks!! I’m really excited to get to it 🙂
So many good books! You need to read these ASAP! Defiance is oh so good and I just KNOW you’ll love it! I’ve got Mara Dyer and Beautiful creatures checked out from the library and can’t wait to read them! Good luck on getting to these and happy new year!
I know! I can’t believe I haven’t read them yet!! I’m trying to start on them as soon as possible! Happy New Year to you too 🙂 🙂
I read 1,2,3 & 6 – and I’m telling you – read them all now!!! Lol – no pressure 🙂
I am definitely going to work on reading these as fast as I can 😀