It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish!
This Week’s Topic is: Top Ten Bookish Goals For 2013
TOP TEN GOALS FOR 2013
1. Read more books that I OWN. Seriously. I have way too many books on my shelf that need to be read before I start checking books out of the library or buying more.
2. Read more of my ebooks. I’ve actually been doing a little bit better with ebooks towards the end of 2012, but that’s been mainly Netgalley books since that was already something I needed to work on. What I really need to do is to work on the books that I actually bought and never read because I forget that they’re on my Kindle!
3. Comment more on people’s blogs. I’ve been going in spurts of commenting and not commenting. There are just some days I get lazy and don’t visit a lot of blogs and on those days, I really just need to suck it up and at least say hi to some of the people who have been showing me so much support!
4. Work on obtaining my own domain and switching to a self-hosted WordPress blog. I’ve been thinking about “taking the next step” for a while now. I always find myself looking to customize my layout more and I’d really like my own URL and ditch the ‘wordpress’ part. Friends who have done this – Any advice?? Because for real. Help?
5. Keep track of quotes better. I keep forgetting to keep track of quotes when I read!!! I guess it’s a good thing and a bad thing – A good thing that I’m just so engrossed in the books that I forget to keep track but a bad thing because I do want to!
6. Become more “professional”. In April I will hit that blessed one year mark. I’m hoping to really start to develop my blog as one that publishers will want to work with. Slowly but surely, I’d like to make contacts and start to get my name out there a little more.
7. GO TO BEA. IT’S GOING TO HAPPEN.
8. Keep up with my challenges for 2013. I kept it simple – Goodreads 2013, Debut Author Challenge 2013 (hosted by Hobbitsies), 2013 YA Contemporary Romance Challenge (hosted by Katie’s Book Blog). I tend to spread myself too thin on a LOT of things because I just get so excited so I took on some challenges in which I can easily reach my goals.
I guess eight is kind of it for now! I’m trying not to overextend myself since I’m taking on so many different things. I still have to read for my blog, Selective Collective, and I’m now contributing to I Love YA Fiction as a guest blogger! It’s going to be a busy year!!
Footnote of shameless promotion: I’m also working on getting people together for a Chicago Suburb branch of the Forever Young Adult book club!! We’ve got a nice turn out so far, but always looking for more friends to get together and discuss books. Please send me an email if you’re in the area and you’re interested!!!
24 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – January 8, 2013: Top Ten Bookish Goals For 2013”
These are fantastic goals! I also have a goal to read more books I own. I actually made a list of all the books I own but haven’t read, and there are about 95! I’m hoping to read at least 20 of them this year. There are just so many good books out there 🙂
Yes, do come to BEA! It’s a great event, and plus, I’d probably get the chance to meet you if you do!
In other news… I totally agree about working on whittling down my TBR. It’s quite large, but I think it’s likely that I can manage it if I really want to! So I’m determined to get through it this year.
Oh, I have 1& 8 too!Great goals! Good luck 😀
My Goals for 2013
Waiting on Wednesday
I feel like I need to keep better track of my quotes too – I was really good with a notebook for a while, but I blew that off recently. Need to get back to it! Good luck with your resolutions – I am right there with you on most of them chica! 🙂
You are such a super-blogger, Brittany! I hope you are really able to take it to the next level and I can be like “I knew her when…” And I think you’re funny to say you need to comment more… I feel like you are one of the best at responding to comments and dropping by my blog once a week or so!
Eeep thank you!! 🙂
I’m with you on BEA…the most intimidating part is finding people to go WITH, so let me know if you go or know of anyone else who it going!
Yes, commenting more is a great resolution. I am trying to do the same (See??). I changed my WordPress blog last year to self-hosted, or should I say it was me and my husband. It’s not difficult at all. We use A Small Orange to host. Let me know if you have any questions and I am glad to help!
I definitely need to focus on reading the ebooks I have too! I’m terrible. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.
I’m sort of considering moving to a self-hosted wordpress blog, too. I’m terrified though! Please let me know if you get any tips.
Good luck on your resolutions!
I wanted my own URL and I’m not sure I did it the right way but I bought one and redirected my wordpress blog there – probably a roundabout way to do it but what the hell, I’m happy!
Top Ten Tuesday
I have the same goals with my print and ebooks. They just get way out of control without even realizing it, don’t they? 😀 I reorganized one of my bookshelves to hold the books that I haven’t read yet to help with that issue.
BEA! I hope you get to go. I went for the first time last year and it was a blast; I can’t wait to go again. I also hope you do the wordpress self-hosting! I’ve always been self-hosted, but I helped a friend make the switch a while back and I cannot recommend it enough. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need help!
Thanks, I might just do that!!! 🙂
Awesome goals. Hope you stick to them and get them done. I really want to go to BEA some day too. Don’t know if I will be able to make it this year. Thanks for sharing. =]
I bought my domain name from wordpress and it was easy peasy… But… I want to look into self hosting and I’m a big fat chicken. Keep me apprised of your plans!
I’m with you on reading more ebooks. I tend to put stuff on my nook and completely forget about it. And I know I have some really good books on there, so I definitely want to try to get to them this year.
Thank you for commenting on that bc I was just gonna update my Goodreads and make a list of ebooks i need to remember and I already forgot to do it hahah
Those are some great goals! I keep telling myself I am going to do quotes also, but then I get into the book and forget about trying to grab some. Out of all my reviews, I have had a quote for one…. I think I had too many challenges for my first time doing any, but I made it! Just barely, but I did. I set a bunch again this year, too. Guess I just like the torture, lol.
Vyki @ On The Shelf
Yay for you! Lots of great goals, B! Also, woohoo for FYA Book Club! I started one here several months ago. Not too big, but just right for us and we have an absolute blast!
Keeping track of quotes is a great one, I should have that too lol great list 🙂
Great goals Brittany! I really need to join you and comment more. I’ve been horrible about that for the last few months.
Great goals! Good luck! I, too, hope to be better about reading the books I already own before buying more. It’s so hard! 😉
These resolutions made me smile! I’m in the exact same place right now. Sometimes it’s hard when a passion turns into “work.” Keep at it! I enjoy your posts!
Loving these resolutions – and the inspiration! I should definitely read more of the books on m shelves, and comment more.