Okay! I’m ready to get started on Project Fairy Tale in the month of February!! I’m still working on some of the books and want to dedicate a solid week to PFT instead of spacing it out over the month since I have a ton of things going on in the beginning of February. I’m actually taking out a planner and writing these things down. This is how you know I’m serious!! So sorry it’ll be so late in February, but I want to give it the attention it deserves!!
FEBRUARY 18-23: CINDERELLA WEEK!
Here are the plans. Books to feature:
- The original fairy tale of Cinderella by Charles Perrault
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Ash by Malinda Lo
- Godmother: The Secret Cinderella Story by Carolyn Turgeon (I actually already marked this one as DNF… I didn’t like it, but I’ll still talk about it!)
- Ella Enchanted by Gayle Carson Levine (I’m listening to the audiobook right now!)
- Except from Lies, Knives, and Girls in Red Dresses by Ron Koertge
Movies to watch:
- Roger’s & Hammerstein’s Cinderella (with Lesley Ann Warren, because that’s the one I grew up with!)
- Faerie Tale Theatre’s Cinderella
- A Cinderella Story
- Ever After
And I want to do a comparison list as to how the re-tellings were similar and how there were different. Exciting stuff! Can’t wait to start the posts 🙂
6 thoughts on “Project Fairy Tale Plans: Cinderella”
That is cool!
Sounds like fun!
I adored Ella Enchanted — I’ve read it at least twice. The book was better than the movie…
Sounds action packed! I love Cinderella and look forward to your recommendations 🙂
Sounds like a cute feature! I LOVED Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I’ll look forward to all your posts!
So excited that you are doing this. I would love to get some Cinderella Fairy-tale retellings suggestions.
This sounds fun! I’ll look forward to it. 🙂