Confetti!!!! Balloons!!!! My blog turns one year old today!!!
Hard to believe that’s it’s only a been a year since I started blogging. With all of the amazing people I’ve met, authors I’ve been honored to work with, big steps I’ve taken, and things I’ve learned, it feels like I’ve been blogging for at least a couple years!
Along with some fun giveaways (YES, those are coming), I’ve organized some fun facts for all of you who have helped make my blog such a success!
FIRST NAME: The first name for my blog was REVIEW, RELECT, RETROSPECT. I was almost a completely different name and I TOTALLY forgot about it until I was cleaning out old pictures the other day and found my original banner that I had made. Very strange.
- FIRST FOCUS: When I first started my blog, I was obsessed with mysteries. I was going to be reviewing mysteries & chick lit… But when I started peeking around the book review blog community and saw all the YA out there, fresh after reading books like Delirium, Matched, and the Hunger Games, I was like, “Whaaaat? There are more awesome books like this out there?!” Slowly, I adapted my blog to include YA as a main focus until I gave in and (happily) let YA take over.
- FIRST REVIEW: After an embarrassing welcome post that kicked off my blog on 4/10/12, I posted a review for A STUDY IN SCARLET by Arthur Conan Doyle. I kicked off my blog with a five star review! How about that…
- FIRST HOST: I actually started my blog over on Blogger and quickly switched to WordPress. Nothing personal, but I just found WP much easier to work with!
- FIRST COMMENT: The first person to comment on my blog chose to do so when they read my review for B is for Burglar by Sue Grafton on 4/26. I probably lost some comments due to the switch to WP, but then again… Maybe not haha. A big thanks to Elisa from Lost Inside the Covers for being the first person to comment who’s stuck with me through today!!! Your support of my blog is much appreciated! (Her comment was on my review for First to Die by James Patterson on 5/14/12.)
Wild Worlds: Wild Worlds was an event that I came up with for my blog to feature primarily debut authors as a week-long feature of interviews, giveaways, and guest posts. I was SO surprised how many authors were willing to participate in Wild Worlds considering my blog was only a few months old at the time!! I definitely want to do Wild Worlds again this year so I guess I need to start looking for any authors who would like to participate!
- Events at Anderson’s Bookshop: Fierce Reads, Five Good Reasons to Read, Ally Condie, Claudia Gray, Robin LaFevers – Anderson’s bookshop in Naperville, IL hosts SO many amazing authors and I’m so glad I live so close that I can go to so many events!!
- A Fortnight of Fright was a feature that Alyssa from Books Take You Places and I put together for a fun Halloween event. It was two weeks of everything Halloween, from books to movies/TV shows, and even recipes!
- Series Catch-Up: I implemented the Series Catch-Up challenge in October 2012 running through the end of the year to try to catch up on all those series I had started but never finished. I wanted to have this be a recurring challenge, but I realized someone else had a challenge similar to this that started after mine and someone else created a challenge for the full year of 2013. I decided not to risk the accusations of copying and plagiarism and all that junk so Series Catch-Up was a one-time only deal!
- The Selective Collective: The Selective Collective evolved from our Casting Call feature. Along with four other blogs (The Grown-Up YA, Teen Lit Rocks, YA Crush, Gone Pecan), we feature an author and their new or upcoming release, highlighting it in various ways. It’s been such a blast working with these ladies as well as all those amazing authors & publishers out there!
Okay, okay, I know you guys are anxious for the giveaways — YES, giveaways PLURAL. I’ve put together TWO prize packs for two lucky people to win. These prize packs are books that I’ve collected for the giveaway in the forms of hardcovers, paperbacks, and ARCs (some are new, some have already been published) and split them into two different categories since there are just SO MANY BOOOOOKS.
You can win the CONTEMPORARY PRIZE PACK or the PARANOMAL/DYSTOPIAN PRIZE PACK. Please check them out carefully before you enter so you know exactly what format each of these books in the prize packs are! You MAY enter both but there will be two different winners for the two prizes.
THIS IS A US AND CANADA ONLY GIVEAWAY. Sorry to all international– you know I love you — but I’m sending out two big old boxes of books! It just gets too expensive 🙁
Check out the pictures and titles below and enter to win!!!
CONTEMPORARY PRIZE PACK INCLUDES (11 books):
Flowers in the Sky by Lynn Joseph (ARC)
The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise (ARC)
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (Paperback)
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (ARC)
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (ARC)
Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill (ARC)
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith (Paperback)
The Trouble With Flirting by Claire LaZebnik (ARC)
Blaze (Or Love in the Time of Supervillains) by Laurie Boyle Crompton (ARC)
Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway (Hardcover)
Starstuck by Rachel Shukert (Hardcover)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
THE PARANORMAL/DYSTOPIAN PRIZE PACK INCLUDES (11 books):
Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans (Hardcover)
What the Spell? By Brittany Geragotelis (Hardcover)
The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse (Hardcover)
When She Woke by Hilary Jordan (ARC)
Everbound (Everneath #2) by Brodi Ashton (ARC)
Dualed by Elsie Chapman (ARC)
The Murmurings by Carly Anne West (ARC)
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting (ARC)
Mind Games by Kiersten White (ARC)
The Fox Inheritance (Fox Chronicles #2) by Mary E. Pearson (Hardcover)
Fox Forever (Fox Chronicles #3) by Mary E. Pearson (Hardcover)
Good luck on the giveaway and thanks so much for making this past year incredible! I look forward to many, many more!