I can’t believe August is already over. Where in the world did the time go!? Here’s my little recap of the month, this time for my blog AND personal life!
- I got engaged!! Shane proposed on August 5th, 2013 <3333 We still need to set a date so more wedding planning details to come!
- I also bought a house! Shane and I moved in together on… August 5th, 2013 haha. He ended up proposing on our first night in the house together.
- Number of Books Read In August: 6 (EEK. This was a slowwww month for reading thanks (or no thanks) to moving!)
- Popular Search Terms: “best friend to boyfriend” (and many various other search terms that lead to the Best-Friend-Turned-Boyfriend-Romance post… still my most popular post!), “the dream thieves review“, “chantress amy butler greenfield”
- More Amusing Search Terms: “how do i romance a friend?“, “books a nerd girl reads” (huzzah!!), “how to turn into a book addict” (You’ve come to the right place, my friend.), “why are people suprised that i have my jacket off” (To be honest, I’m not quite sure.)
- Most Referrals (Non-Twitter/FB/Wordpress, etc): Alexa Loves Books, The Grown-Up YA, The Broke and the Bookish —- Thank you, ladies!!!
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (Non-Goodreads/Internal Links, etc): Gone Pecan, Just A Couple More Pages, Tripping Over Books (AWESOME blog friends. You guys have great taste!)
- Still the Best-Friend-Turned-Boyfriend-Romance! (Thank you, SEOs!)
- My review for the Lunar Chronicles novellas, THE QUEEN’S ARMY and GLITCHES
- Top Ten Tuesday August 20th — Things that make my blogging life a little easier!
- And I got around to another edition of “My Latest Bookish Addiction” in which I talk about how I found the right kind of fantasy for me!
Other Reviews Posted
I finally ready Daughter of Smoke and Bone!
- I absolutely love Louise Rozett’s books and I’m so glad that I enjoyed reading more of Rose Zarelli in Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend!
- The 5th Wave creeped me out (in a good way) and I learned that I don’t hate all alien books!
- I read Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick & Suzanne Young
- The audio of Beauty Queens by Libba Bray was great! As a whole… I had a slightly different opinion of the book.
- I read & reviewing the novellas for The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- False Memory by Dan Krokos was an interesting sci-fi read!
- I reviewed The Infinite Moment of Us
- And I also reviewed The Swan Prince by Danielle Shipley!
An Updated Look at my Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
Other Features & Discussions
- I helped author Danielle Shipley reveal the cover for her book, Stone Kingdom!
We finished the read along for If I Stay!
- The Selective Collective featured THE INFINITE MOMENT OF US by Lauren Myracle as our August book
- I did Jamie‘s A-Z Bookish Survey and her YA-self in YA Titles Survey too!
- We started the read along for Where She Went and HOLY COW. Thank God I’m re-reading this.
That wraps up August! It was a crazy-busy month with moving and everything but hopefully I’ll get back on track with reading in September!