No, seriously, you guys. Where did September go? I honestly feel like this month FLEW by! (Although I say that every month, right?)
September was another SUPER busy month. I never imagined that moving and owning a house would seriously take up so much more of my time but I just have NOT had the time to read that I usually do! I’m still scrambling to catch up BUT it looks like I’m getting a little closer every day.(Except for the fact that I’m still behind on my GR challenge. Oh well. Whatever at this point haha!)
- More and more and more home improvements! We haven’t really done much but it’s taking up a lot of time!
- I GOT CUSTOM MADE BOOKSHELVES. I’m sure many of you saw them on Instagram and Twitter, but here’s a bigger picture for you… I will also be hosting a giveaway in celebration of the bookcase because, well, I need to give some books away and what better reason!!!
- Number of Books Read In August: 9. Getting better but still behind on my challenge! Hopefully October will be catch-up month.
- Popular Search Terms: “monument 14 sky on fire” || “laura buzo” || “best friend romance books”
- More Amusing Search Terms: “how to make romantic love story books for boyfriend” || “i love the 5th wave” (me too!!) || “leg in a bear trap” + movie” (I actually know which post this led them to!) || “can you make money on goodreads”
- Most Referrals (Non-Twitter/FB/Wordpress, etc): Bloggiesta, The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say “Shhh“, The Broke and the Bookish, Jenna Does Books
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (Non-Goodreads/Internal Links, etc): Book.Blog.Bake., Literary Lushes, The Cheap Reader
- My Bloggiesta Mini-Challenge and Goodreads information galore post How To Make Goodreads Work For You
- The Best-Friend-Turned-Boyfriend-Romance aaaaagain (Thank you, SEOs!)
- Top Ten Tuesday September 24th — Best Sequels!
- My Latest Bookish Addiction in which I’m kind of digging male POVs lately!
Other Reviews Posted
I read the audiobook for The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
- I posted my review for my re-read of If I Stay by Gayle Forman and for Where She Went
- We finished A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin for the Song of Ice and Fire read along and I posted my review! That book was madness galore.
- I reviewed a mash-up of Bram Stoker and Sherlock Holmes all rolled into YA with The Clockwork Scarab by Colleen Gleason
- I talked about Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein and gave you a sneak peek at a new blogger feature!
An Updated Look at my Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
9/5/13: Amy from Amy’s Booket List
9/12/13: Christina from Allodoxophobia
9/20/13: Jac from For Life, Love and Books
- 9/26/13: Stormy from Book.Blog.Bake.
Other Features & Discussions
- Top Ten Tuesday on September 3rd talked about Required Reading and Books I Enjoyed in High School
- We continued and completed the Gayle Forman/Where She Went Read Along
- I did Jamie‘s Bookish Senior Superlatives survey
- I talked about two new bookish addictions! Male Point of Views and Bookish Tote Bags!
- Sept 10th’s Top Ten Tuesday ranted and raved about books I want to see turned into movies!
- I hosted a Bloggiesta mini-challenge all about Goodreads, Goodreads secrets, and how to use it to help you get organized!
- I’m psyched for a ton of fall new releases as noted on 9/17’s TTT!
- The Selective Collective featured FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell and I made a bookish TBR list for the main character, Cath!
- I was on the Antigoddess blog tour and hosted Kendare Blake for a guest post!
- I had my first attempt at fan art and I combined two fandoms into one: Game of Thrones Sigils for The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR OCTOBER?
- Alyssa (Books Take You Places) and I are putting together our second annual Fortnight of Fright! Check out our intro/sign-up post if you’re interested in participating!
- Look for more “Three’s Company” feedback? What’s Three’s Company? Check out my review for Rose Under Fire — it’s all explained there!
- I’m going to TRY to get back on top of my ARC reading schedule. I’ve fallen so far behind that I haven’t been able to keep up with it, but hopefully October will start to straighten out!
- The Gayle Forman read along continues with JUST ONE YEAR!!! I will be hosting the read along for Just One Year in just a couple weeks right here on my blog! I really hope you’ll sign up!
That wraps up September! It was still pretty busy but I have high hopes of finishing some things and getting back on track in October!
7 thoughts on “September 2013: Recap & Wrap-Up!”
I know I’ve said it before, but I absolutely LOVE those bookshelves! They are very close to my dream bookshelves in my future house, so YAY for that!
I love the monthly re-cap post idea! And those search terms are awesome. Isn’t it fun to be able to see what search terms led people to your blog? I’ve had some crazy ones!
I love your new bookshelves!!! How awesome is that? I would love to have that in my home and my husband has even suggested it … I’ll have to ask him again at some point if we can do it. My books would be so happy!
Your shelves look so great, and there’s so much room on them! If I hadn’t just gotten a (non-custom) set myself, I’d be so envious. 😀
I love your new bookshelves! My husband and I want to line our future dream house with bookshelves in all the rooms. We have a bit of a book problem. 🙂
Oh man, I know I said it on twitter, but I just cannot stop STARING at your new bookshelf! I’m pretty sure if I were you I would have just stared and stared at them for a long while!
Those bookshelves sound amazing. I can’t wait to see the end result!