November wasn’t bad! You guys know I’ve been SUPER BUSY ever since we moved into our house back in August and well, now with Christmas and planning a wedding, I only expect things to get busier from there! I guess the good news is that NaNoWriMo is officially over (well, good and bad) so I won’t be stressing out about reaching 50k by the end of the month, BUT the good news is that my WIP DID reach 50k (even though I started writing a couple months before November) so I’ll still be taking some time to keep on writing here and there! Anyway… Time to recap the month!
- Number of Books Read In August: Only nine (and three of those were novellas… Haha!)
- Popular Search Terms: “book addicts guide” || “sarah dessen new book 2014” || “who is tom mison” (MAJOR WIN!)
- More Amusing Search Terms: “cress arc spoiler” (HEY, no cheating! I also do not give out spoilers :)) || “dorkiest or sexiest moment of my life, and i’m voting for sexy on account of my standing…” (The Sky is Everywhere, for those of you wondering!)|| “the smiths eleanor and park” (another major win!) || “the headless horseman terrorize sleepy hollow because he died during the revolutionary war. what kind of ghost would terrorize a modern sleepy hollow? why?” (Good question? Watch the show!!)
- Most Referrals (Non-Twitter/FB/Wordpress, etc): A Bookish Heart, Alexa Loves Books, Teen Lit Rocks (Thank you, my lovely ladies!)
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (Non-Goodreads/Internal Links, etc): The Grown-Up YA, Gone Pecan, That Artsy Reader Girl
- I got to interview the Fierce Reads authors for the tour stop in Chicago and had a giveaway of ALL of their fierce titles!
- You guys loved my post for My Latest Bookish Addiction of Swoony Snark!
- I shared with you the Top Ten Things I am thankful for this year and what has inspired me in my blogging life!
- I also shared my Top Ten Suggestions for a male reader on November 19th!
Other Reviews Posted
- I reviewed ALTERED by Gennifer Albin, the second book in the Crewel World trilogy
- ENCLAVE was an interesting start to the Razorlands series by Ann Aguirre
- I listened to the audio of FORGOTTEN by Cat Patrick
- Amy bought me POSSESS by Gretchen McNeil for All Hallow’s Read!
- FORTUNATELY, THE MILK by Neil Gaiman was a quick and fun read!
- The Song of Ice and Fire Read Along continues and I reviewed A FEAST FOR CROWS
- A big anticipated title from BEA, TANDEM by Anna Jarzab was super interesting
- FAULT LINE by Christa Desir was intense, emotional, and eye-opening.
An Updated Look at my Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
- 11/7/13: Fiona from The Book Voyage
- 11/14/13: Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl
- 11/21/13: Lauren from Lose Time Reading
- 11/28/13: Inga from Miss Inga Page
Other Features & Discussions
- I loved being able to interview the Fierce Reads ladies! They were such a blast! Check out the post for the tour recap and interview!
- The Selective Collective and I celebrated our one year anniversary!
- November 5th’s Top Ten Tuesday talked about series I cannot wait to read more of!
- We continued on the Just One Year read along and then finally finished the entire Gayle Forman read along with the last post!
- On November 12th, I talked about the covers I wish I could redesign (and even took a stab at a few!)
- The Selective Collective featured LOUD AWAKE AND LOST by Adele Griffin
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR DECEMBER?
- Well, NaNoWriMo is over and… my WIP is over 50k!!! Granted, I started writing before November so in full disclosure, I did not write all 50k during November, BUT I still count that as a major win! It’s the first time I’ve really written anything and a STORY and it’s very exciting! I still have a lot more to write before I get to editing stages so I hope to keep working on it in December!
- ALMOST done buying gifts for all kinds of Secret Santas! I’m doing a friend gift exchange as well as The Broke and the Bookish Secret Santa and our annual Selective Collective Secret Santa!
- I don’t have anything special planned for December blog-wise, but I’m excited to do end of year wrap ups! I’m already working on Jamie’s End of Year Book Survey for 2013 (you can do it too!) and maybe a little something of my own.
- Unrelated to my blog, Shane and I have set a date for the wedding! We’ll be getting married on November 8th, 2014 so I will be in wedding planning mode until then! It should be fun and… Interesting haha. I have my sister to help me and I’ve already gotten support from a number of my friends so I’m really excited to actually get to work on the details!
That wraps up November! I still can’t believe it’s already December. The time is just FLYING by and the year is almost over! I still remember New Year’s last year where I had strep and ended up reading three books on January 1st!
6 thoughts on “November 2013: Recap & Wrap-Up!”
What an awesome month!!! No wonder you didn’t get as much reading done – so many exciting things going on in your life but 9 books (including novellas) is still great! I hope December is even better!!
Nicole @ The Quiet Concert
YAY FOR WEDDING PLANNING MODE! If there’s anything I can do to help, or if I can offer moral support, you can always tweet/email/text me. I love weddings, and I am SO EXCITED for you! And congratulations on a pretty productive November. It sounds like you got some writing and reading done, unlike me. Here’s to hoping that reading and writing (for me and for you) are accomplished in December!
My husband and I got married on November 9th! You picked an excellent time of year. 🙂
Congrats on 50K words! Very cool. Sounds like a good November, here’s to a great December!
Woohoo for 50K words! That’s so exciting!
Also, those search terms ARE major wins. Also, congrats on setting a date! That must feel like a major accomplishment and I can only imagine how wonderful it would feel!
“who is tom mison” May I just take a moment to fangirl? dslkjbfcsdlkjbckjsd