I took 2014 by storm and tried to do as much reading as I could right off the bat! I don’t think I did too terribly… Lots of things already happening in January so let’s go go go with the recap!
- Number of Books Read In January: 12. That’s pretty good!!!
- Popular Search Terms: “lunar chronicles quizzes” || “book addicts guide” || “best friend romance books”
- More Amusing Search Terms: “bigde hi kabthe funny emotion” (I just… what did this person even find on my blog?) || “why isn’t goodreads annual stats correct” (Problems!)|| “into the still blue swoon” (INDEED)
- Most Referrals (Non-Twitter/FB/Wordpress, etc): The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh, A Bookish Heart, The Perpetual Page Turner
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (Non-Goodreads/Internal Links, etc): Stay Bookish, The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh, Tripping Over Books
- I noticed some celebrity look-alikes on YA covers!
- Even a month later, people were still having fun with my Lunar Chronicles personality quiz!
- I shared my personal roomie story with you in conjunction with a giveaway from Little, Brown for ROOMIES!
- I’ve been having issues with slow starts in books.
Other Reviews Posted
- I reviewed BEING SLOANE JACOBS, the new contemp from Lauren Morrill!
- GOING ROGUE by Robin Benway easily became a favorite. Loving everything from her!
- At first I wasn’t sure about reading INDEPENDENT STUDY but I’m really glad I did!
- I reviewed the HOGWARTS LIBRARY books that Amy got me for Christmas!
- Finally caught up with A Song of Ice and Fire after reading A DANCE WITH DRAGONS
- I finally finished The Giver Quartet, but my review of SON didn’t end well…
- NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE YOU was an interesting read!
Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
- 1/2/14: Heather from Turning Pages
- 1/9/14: Caroline from The Attic
- 1/16/14: Angie from Angela’s Anxious Life
- 1/23/14: Hazel from Stay Bookish
- 1/30/14: Tara from The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh
Authors featured on Book and a Beverage
- 1/13/14: Wendy Higgins
- 1/29/14: Susan Dennard
Other Features & Discussions
- On January 1st, I shared my reading resolutions with you!
- I shared some GOING ROGUE bonus content and had a little giveaway in honor of its release date!
- I gave you my reading wishlist on January 21st’s Top Ten Tuesday
- The Selective Collective featured BEING SLOANE JACOBS this month and we had a great time discussing it!
- Top Ten Tuesday on 1/28 featured places I’d never want to live! (And almost all of them were dystopian worlds!)
- Alyssa, Amy and I debuted our new feature On the Same Page featuring Laini Taylor’s DAYS OF BLOOD AND STARLIGHT!
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR FEBRUARY?
- I’m working on a survey right now that I dubbed the Seriously Social Survey! I’ll be using the data for a future post on blogging + social media so I’m asking bloggers to take the survey to help with the data collection 😀
- Reviews coming up for Days of Blood and Starlight, Night of Cake and Puppets, Cruel Beauty, Ask Again Later and more!
- Catch me on the blog tours for NIL by Lynne Matson and UNFORGOTTEN by Jessica Brody!
That wraps up January! I can’t believe how quickly this year is flying by. A month of 2014 is already over! I’ve already been making great progress with my reading goals of taking it easy and just catching up on my ARCs and currently-owned books. Looking forward to more in February!
6 thoughts on “January 2014: Recap & Wrap-Up!”
I just filled out your survey!
I love these wrap-up posts! I’ve thought about doing them before, because it’s cool to see the stats that way, but I’m still not sure if I want to do them. I think I’ll actually feel kind of sub-par if I make them myself, because I’m such a slow reader and don’t review and post as much as other bloggers. I know, I can’t compare myself to others, but still… But maybe these kinds of posts will give me motivation to work harder!
And great job on reading 12 books in January! I read 6, which is okay for me but I’d love to be able to read more each month!
I’m interested in the results of the social survey! I’ve been wanting to do a similar work-related survey about how libraries connect with teens via social media.
Seriously, I feel like I blinked and January was over! I really should be grateful though, since it means spring will be coming soon (I hope!). You’ve had an AWESOME set of posts (especially the discussion ones) this month, so props to you. Here’s to more awesomeness headed our way this year!
I’m excited to see the results of the seriously social survey! I’m quite curious about some of the responses. . .
I’m also really excited to see your review of Ask Again Later! I know we both really liked it, so I’m looking forward to it!
You had quite the January! If this whole year is half as productive, I think you can call it a success! Haha
I took your social survey – I’m excited to see what you do with it!