HOW IS FEBRUARY OVER? No, seriously. I feel like this month FLEW by. Maybe it’s because we’ve just been seriously busy… Shane and I started FINALLY staining the bookcase (hey, home improvement projects are hard. Don’t judge that it took us this long!) and we’ve been coming along with the wedding planning too! We booked our chapel and are very happy with it! It’s 130 years old, looks incredibly rustic but at the same time has some awesome stained glass. We’re not really religious so it’s totally us with just the right amount of a sort of spiritual touch. I’m actually really excited for it!
Reading-wise, February actually went pretty well! I felt constantly overwhelmed until I had a heart-to-heart with Estelle and lowered my reading goal by just five books and instantly felt relieved. I don’t need to pressure myself so much because this is FUN, right!? RIGHT! Now let’s get to the recap for the month that practically passed me by!
- Number of Books Read In February: 10! Not too shabby!
- Popular Search Terms: “lunar chronicles quiz” and “what lunar chronicles character are you” (leads you back to my Lunar Chronicles quiz!) || “book addicts guide” and “the book addict’s guide” (Fair enough!)|| “if i stay online free” (tsk tsk! No piracy here!!!! But I DO giveaway books from time to time…)
- More Amusing Search Terms: “readlide.area.barely.in” (What!?!? I legitimately Googled this and I got NOTHIN) || “tom mison” (still love it)|| “snape hodge mortal instruments” (so you see it too?) || “is it me or does the girl on the cover of vampire academy look like angelina jolie” (It’s not just you!)
- Most Referrals (non-social media): The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh, Gayle Forman’s Tumblr (EEEE! She reblogged my post from Top Ten Tuesday where I made a minimalist poster for Where She Went!), The Broke and the Bookish
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (non-internal/social media): The Perpetual Page Turner, he Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh, Tripping Over Books
- I surveyed you lovely book bloggers about social media use and I turned your results into an infographic (and gave away some books!)
- I shared my top ten books to make you swoon and made some fun minimalist-style posters for them!
- You guys were still loving my CRESS review from January!
- I LOVED the spine poetry I came up with for the Book Blogger Love-A-Thon!
Other Reviews Posted
- I enjoyed CRUEL BEAUTY but still had a couple issues…
- I absolutely loved DAYS OF BLOOD AND STARLIGHT, our On the Same Page read for January!
- NIGHT OF CAKE AND PUPPETS, a DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE novella is a must-read! I adore Zuzana and Mik so much <3
- I read AFTER HELLO and felt like it had so much potential but just didn’t work for me.
- STARDUST is a Neil Gaiman classic and I really enjoyed it!
- UNFORGOTTEN, the sequel to UNREMEMBERED was exciting and thrilling and fast-paced!
- Time travel! Loved it. ALL OUR YESTERDAYS totally worked for me.
Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
- 2/6/14: Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner
- 2/13/14: Amanda from Off the Book
- 2/20/14: Amanda from Appraising Pages
- 2/27/14: Merin from Read and Reviewed
Other Features & Discussions
- I had a few DNFs I needed to share and did so in my first DNF Digest
- I joined the Book Blogger Love-A-Thon and did an interview swap with Kim from the Nomadic Book Hoarder
- I did another Love-A-Thon post in which I mashed up travel and some of my favorite books!
- The Selective Collective featured BETTER OFF FRIENDS and I shared my own best-friends-to-boyfriend-to-friends-agian story!
- I was on the NIL blog tour with a great interview with author Lynne Matson!
- I was also on the UNFORGOTTEN blog tour interviewing Jessica Brody and the giveaway for UNREMEMBERED and UNFORGOTTEN is open until Monday 3/3!
- On the Same Page featured VICIOUS by V.E. Schwab this month and I discussed why I love the antihero!
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR MARCH?
- My birthday! Oh you know there will be a giveaway so keep your eyes peeled on March 11th!
- Reviews. So many reviews. I was so behind on writing my reviews BUT am hoping to catch up really, really, really soon!
- I actually have almost nothing planned and… it kind of feels awesome! I had so many things up in the air in February and blogging-wise, things are calming back down. More reviews, more books!