It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish! This week’s topic:
Top Ten Things on my Bookish Bucket List
Now I know I won’t actually complete all of these some day… But I really would like to be able to do a few! Some are more realistic than others and some will probably never come true, but hey! It doesn’t hurt to dream, right?
THINGS ON MY BOOKISH BUCKET LIST
1. Finish a WIP. I’m not even looking as far as published or even editing. I just want to finish a WIP. I have two going right now and I just have zero time to write. It was hard to find time even before I started wedding planning and planning is going strong and I have even less time for things like blogging and reading! Maybe I can start back up again on my honeymoon. I really would like to finally finish writing ALL THE WORDS for at least one of these WIPs!
2. Open a bookish Etsy store. This one I actually really do plan on doing in the not too distant future. I made some bookish crafts to ask my bridesmaids to stand up to my wedding and I had SO much fun. I wanted to make so many more! I really do want to open a little bookish Etsy store sometime this year and if you have any requests, please do let me know!
3. Get a bookish job. I have a dream of working in the industry. Somehow. I would love to be involved in spreading the word about the books I love and sharing them with other people. What would that mean actually? Probably nothing that I’m qualified for. I’m sure half of the book bloggers out there would dream of working in the publishing industry and I’m sure a fair few are teachers or librarians. I’m qualified for neither, but I’d love to do something someday to be involved in this industry. I’m sure if I do, it won’t be any time soon though!
4. Meet some of my favorite authors. I’ve been SO fortunate to meet so many of my favorite authors but there are still so many I’d love to meet! I absolutely MUST meet Marissa Meyer someday and it’s a dream to meet J.K. Rowling! I’m not sure if I want to meet George R.R. Martin… I would either be in awe or tempted to shake him senseless for what he’s put us through in A Song of Ice and Fire…
5. Take a bookish road trip. I’m not 100% sure what this would consist of, but I WOULD love to visit places I’ve heard about in books, take pictures where certain characters were, and find historical literary places across the country!
THINGS I CAN CROSS OFF MY BOOKISH BUCKET LIST
1. Attend a bookish conference. I went to BEA 2013 and I cannot WAIT for BEA 2014! I also go to go to Anderson’s YA conference this past year. It was definitely geared more towards educators and professionals, but even as a blogger, I still had a lot of fun!
2. Get mentioned in a book. Well, my name isn’t in the book, my BLOG name is and that’s pretty dang special. My blog name is in the paperback of Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo and Scarlet by Marissa Meyer and every time I see it in there, I get chills! I picked Shadow and Bone up once in a Barnes and Noble and I was like, “Ahhh people are taking my name home with them!” Not like they go look me up, but still. I still dream of someday getting a blurb in a book or being mentioned in acknowledgements when one of my best friends gets their book published (wink wink) and you never know! It could happen someday.
3. Build a bad-ass library. Well, it’s not a full library, but it DOES take up a whole wall. This past fall, Shane and I had one of his friends who builds homes build our AMAZING bookcase. We FINALLY finished staining it just a couple weeks ago and I am so in love with it. The only thing is… if we ever move, I can’t take it with. Guess we can’t ever move! 😉
4. Make bookish friends. I have not only made bookish friends, but they have become my BEST friends. I’m so much more connected to the bookish community than I connect with my IRL friends (well, you’re all IRL friends, of course but you know what I mean) and I’m so thankful to have found this community through blogging!
5. Participate in NaNoWriMo. I made it to 50k words this fall for NaNoWriMo! I cheated a little bit and had actually started writing before it actually started on Nov 1st, but without that, I never would have “won” and it helped me not to be so discouraged! I haven’t really done anything with my WIP SINCE then, but that’s a whole different story! At least I’m starting somewhere.
So there you have it! Things I want to do and things I’ve done… And I’m looking forward to everything this year has to offer! Do we share any bookish goals? Have we completed any of the same ones??
12 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – March 25, 2014: Top Ten Things on my Bookish Bucket List”
Oh I’d totally be all about an etsy store!! Get to it so I can buy something!!
I would LOVE a bookish job. Doing what, I don’t know. But being able to submerse myself in books all day? Yes please! Ideally I would get paid to read/blog…haha
I’m glad I’m not the only one who “cheated” for NaNo last year, ha ha. The bookish Etsy store sounds so neat! Sometimes I want mugs or scarves on there with book quotes, but I’ve yet to actually buy any of them yet. And I agree about meeting Marissa Meyer! I would LOVE that!
I would love to win NaNoWriMo one day. 🙂
I dream of a bookish job too. I need to completely switch career paths. I love your wall of books!!! I want hubby to build me something similar. For now, there are shelves everywhere!
You have already accomplished so many awesome bookish things! I hope one day my blog is in a book! As for your other goals, I know you can do it! Finishing a WIP in progress is hard work, but it’s totally worth doing, and if you open an Etsy Bokish Shop I will totally check it out. 😀
I’m a librarian, and I do love it! It’s not all about the books, though. Well, I guess it depends on what library you work at, and I do get to talk books A LOT which is totally amazing. But it’s also dealing with crazy reference questions.
I’m going to BEA this year and I’m so excited, but also totally nervous. I’m a bit overwhelmed. And I totally want to make lots of blogging friends, but I’m so shy that I will never start a conversation. Also, I’m better one on one than in large groups.
I love you library! It’s beautiful, and I do think that you will have to stay in that house forever! They’re too pretty to leave behind 🙂
oh my gosh, I would love if you opened up an Etsy store!! I love bookish crafts. I actually really love crafting, but I don’t have time for it anymore. 🙁 Or I suppose I do have time, but I choose reading over crafting… Lol.
Re: finishing your WIP: You can do it!! I believe in you! I am deep in revisions on mine and am struggling through. My goal is to finish revising by the end of this year. So we can do it together!
Regarding #2 “Get mentioned in a book,” my friend has begged me for years to put his name in the first book I publish. His name is Joe Caroll and The Following beat me to it! (Though his name still probably would have been given to a serial killer even if I’d gotten to it first)
And that bookcase looks awesome!
An Etsy bookish store is a really great aspiration! I am obsessed with Etsy, and only wish that I was crafty enough to make my own items. I’d come to shop. 🙂
And I dream about having a bookish job, and I work in communications which is at least related to words and storytelling, but I’ve heard it is hard to break in to. I’m not going to completely give up hope though!
Bookish jobs are so much fun.
A bookish trip would AWESOME! I would have trouble narrowing down where to go.
Oh, I can’t wait to see your bookish Etsy! One of my goals is to be blurbed in a book, hopefully one day it will happen *fingers crossed*