Another month gone. This has honestly been the quickest year of my life!! I do not even exaggerate one bit. Things are just flying by and it’s all been great, but WOW, where has the time gone!? I guess when you’re reading and blogging and taking 80 million trips and planning a wedding, time is bound to fly!
This month I came back from BEA, went to New Jersey for a christening, went to Montana for a wedding, and somehow managed to read books in between literally being out of the state for three weekends in row. (Didn’t wake up in my own bed on a Saturday for nearly a month!) Now that it’s all behind me, I look upon it much fonder! Haha. Montana was a lot of fun but we still prefer Wyoming 😉
- Number of Books Read In May: 16! But 5 of them were novellas haha!
- Popular Search Terms: “which lunar chronicles character are you” and “lunar chronicles quiz” (leads you back to my Lunar Chronicles quiz!) // “the kill order pdf” (shame shame shame!!! Go to the library!) // “bookaddictsguide” (C’est moi!) // “why did mia leave adam in where she went”(Just read it! I promise it’s amazing!!)
- More Amusing Search Terms: “eleanor and park shirt” (If you find one, let me know!) // “online quiz for what luner cronical caricter are you” (well… at least you made it here?) // “cristin bishara” (how…?)
- Most Referrals (non-social media): GReads!, The Perpetual Page Turner, The Broke and the Bookish
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (non-internal/social media): Book Rocky Betty, Books Take You Places, Allodoxophobia
- Surprise, surprise! The Lunar Chronicles Quiz and the Best-Friend-to-Boyfriend-Romance are still my top two posts thanks to search engines!
- I’m guessing with the If I Stay movie coming up, lots of people are excited for the books! Lots of searches resulted in my review for If I Stay and my review for Where She Went!
- I’m guessing the same thing for The Maze Runner! Lots of search hits brought people to my review for The Kill Order (even if it wasn’t the most pleasant one)!
- I also did a recap post of the Chicago leg of the Fierce Reads tour and held a giveaway for a “Fierce Reads Starter Pack”! (giveaway now closed)
Other Reviews Posted
- I really enjoyed Dreams of Gods and Monsters but it wasn’t quiiiite the epic conclusion I hoped for.
- The Rules for Breaking was a great 2nd book in The Rules for Disappearing duology!
- I read The Kiss of Deception and… didn’t love it as much as others did but I’m still looking forward to book two!
- I started re-reading the Grisha Trilogy and posted a re-read review for Shadow and Bone
- I don’t read a lot of middle grade but I really enjoyed The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls
- Just One Night was the sigh of relief that I think Just One Day/Just One Year fans needed!
- I revisited my childhood with a re-read of Walk Two Moons and it still holds ALL of the feelings I remember!
Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
- 6/6/14: Saru from To Read or Not To Read?
- 6/12/14: Sam from The Nighttime Novelist
- 6/19/14: Betty from Book Rock Betty
- 6/26/14: Charlotte from A Place on the Bookshelf
Other Features & Discussions
- The Selective Collective featured We Were Liars!
- I posted my recap from BEA 2014!
- I had a blast interviewing author Bethany Neal about her debut, MY LAST KISS!
- I had a discussion about looking back on old reviews and how sometimes it’s painful but also helpful too!
- I hosted author April Henry on The Body in the Woods blog tour and she told us what makes a good detective!
- I combined two Top Ten Tuesday topics on 6/17 with my favorite books so far this year and my summer TBR list!
- I shared a rare personal post about gallbladder issues and how I hope things will get better in the future!
- I went to the Fierce Reads tour at Anderson’s Bookshop and had a great time! Always one of my favorite events.
- I shared my favorite and least favorite cover trends on 6/24 for Top Ten Tuesday!
- We featured Landline by Rainbow Rowell with On the Same Page and I just LOVE her characters and relationships!
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR JULY?
- REVIEWS. Oh man, do I need to post some reviews. It’s not even that I need to write them… I just have so many other things to post too that I’m reading faster than I can post, apparently! I think that might be a good thing! 😉 Keep your eyes peeled for some big series enders, hot summer reads, and a few books I should have read a long time ago!
- More of the Summer Showcase feature! I’m loving books that are perfect summer reads… Next up will be cute contemps and heart-wrenchers!
- More discussions. I don’t know why but I’ve been inspired to write a lot of discussions lately! Excited to share those with you!
8 thoughts on “June 2014: Recap & Wrap-Up!”
WOW…you certainly had a very busy month! I’m SO impressed you were still able to read so many books. Your Montana photos are gorgeous!
Wow! This was a busy month for you, Brittany! Congrats on reading so many books despite your hectic month! 😀
I’m going to have to check out the quiz!
Honestly, it’s just as crazy to me that it’s officially JULY. We’re past the halfway mark of the year, and entering the latter half! It’s pretty amazing that you were able to travel so much in this past month, but I bet you’re super glad to be at home now to catch a break too 🙂
Wow, your month was insane! I’m in awe that you were still able to read as many books as you did-great job!
Wow you had a busy month! But it also sounds like you had a lot of fun! Can’t wait to see what you’ll post in July!
yes, it is really tough to get stuff done when you are traveling so much, but it still sounds like it was a fun month 🙂
My Weekly Wrap Up
Michelle @ Book Briefs
Holy cow, you have been crazy busy in June. I hate traveling that much. The scenery in your pictures are beautiful. So different from where I live (central NY, where there are sooo many rolling hills – there isn’t that much flat land anywhere).