Well. July is over now too. I’m not even going to pretend like I’m not surprised! I think it was a pretty good month though. Nowadays they’re pretty much all a blur of wedding planning and daily life… I’ve even had a hard time finding opportunities to blog! So busy!
- Number of Books Read In July: Just 8. Not as many as last month but SHEESH it has been busy and I kind of fell into a tiny slump there for a while!
- Popular Search Terms: “the kill order pdf” (for SHAME! I do not post PDFs!) // “bookaddictsguide” // “http://pagesplotspint.wpengine.com/on-the-same-page/” // “where she went cover model”
- More Amusing Search Terms: “what would your life be like in the lunar chronicles” (I’d love to know!) // “dangerous girls spoilers” (Trust me… you DON’T wanna do that… ) // “peanuts charscters at prom” (no idea) // “some big words john green uses” (LOL) // “what if nathan ford was related to chuck bartowski” (ummm, that’d be awesome)
- Most Referrals (non-social media): Rather Be Reading, GReads!, Teen Lit Rocks
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (non-internal/social media): Books Take You Places, Allodoxophobia, Gone Pecan
- The standards: The Lunar Chronicles Quiz and the Best-Friend-to-Boyfriend-Romance are still my top two posts thanks to search engines! The Kill Order also snuck its way in there!
- On the Same Page introduced the Secret Sister project! Sign ups are now closed, but you can keep an eye on it and sign up when we do another round in the winter!
- I also had a discussion on why I think DNFs are not a bad thing
Other Reviews Posted
- I really enjoyed Dreams of Gods and Monsters but it wasn’t quiiiite the epic conclusion I hoped for.
- I finally read The Princess Diaries and the audio was adorable!
- I did a re-read of Siege and Storm — it was quite a different experience but still so good!
- The Monument 14 trilogy wrapped up this summer and I reviewed the final book, Monument 14: Savage Drift
- I just love the Grisha novellas! See what I thought of The Demon in the Wood and Little Knife!
- Kasie West’s newest book On the Fence was just adorable!
- I was so excited for #scandal but it wasn’t quite what I was hoping
Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
- 7/3/14: Kailia from Reading the Best of the Best
- 7/10/14: Gretchen from The Printed YA Word
- 7/17/14: Sarah from Exploring All Genres
- 7/24/14: Dana from The Nerdy Journalist
- 7/30/14: Becca from Pivot Book Reviews
Other Features & Discussions
- I had a discussion on why putting a book down and walking away can actually be beneficial to you AND the author (DNFs are Not a Bad Thing)
- I had a new feature called the Summer Showcase and I shared my favorite “blockbuster” books for the summer!
- The Selective Collective featured #scandal for June
- I interviewed author E. Lockhart about We Were Liars!
- It’s always enjoyable to read another Rainbow Rowell book! I had a lot of fun reading Landline
- I’ve been re-reading a lot so I featured it as My Latest Bookish Addiction
- I started a new feature with some other bloggers pairing books + beer called Pub Date!
- My second installment of the Summer Showcase featured cute contemporaries!
- I had another discussion about diversifying my own reading tastes versus being a diverse reader
- I announced that I’m participating in ARC August!
- The Selective Collective featured On the Fence for July and I came up with a “superdate” for Charlie and Braden
- I had so much fun sharing the authors by whom I own the most books on the 29th’s Top Ten Tuesday!
- We featured Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan for On the Same Page!
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR AUGUST?
- I’m participating in ARC August! So excited to try to clean up some ARC and review copies before I started getting (even more) overwhelmed!
- I’m on the blog tour with a few other bloggers featuring Stephanie Perkins’ books — stop back for an Anna and the French Kiss feature!
- Dangerous Boys is coming out this month and you bet I’m taking part in the release day blitz!
- I’ll also be featured on Ginger’s Sweet Summertime Reads feature a little later this month over at her blog, GReads!
2 thoughts on “July 2014: Recap & Wrap-Up!”
You had an awesome month! Looks like you have some great things coming up in August. I really enjoyed Ruin and Rising. I still need to read Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next door, along with her new one. I’ve heard nothing but great things!
You had a great month! Looks like August will be good too 🙂