This is my obligatory comment about how quickly September FLEW BY. BECAUSE SERIOUSLY. Whereeeee has 2014 gone?
- Number of Books Read In August: 11. That’s actually better than I thought it was going to be!!
- Popular Search Terms: “where she went ending” // “Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell” // “where she went read online” and “read the kill order online” (again! Not gonna find that here. Just reviews :D) // “the lunar chronicles quiz”
- More Amusing Search Terms: “lunar chronicles oh my stars” // “childermass snape” (huh?) // “book to protect her identity with the help of a notorious perpeture trilogy” // “how a book addiction starts” (indeed)
- Most Referrals (non-social media): Rather Be Reading, The Perpetual Page Turner, Kirjasirkus (how exotic!)
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (non-internal/social media): Books Take You Places, The Broke Book Girls, Booksy Daisy Reviews
- My Guide to Crossover Books is still a pretty popular hit! (Pinterest and search engines. Word.)
- Also with the IF I STAY and MAZE RUNNER movies coming out, my reviews for If I Stay, Where She Went, and The Kill Order are still getting a lot of hits from search engines!
- I also had a brand-new GUIDE come out… The Book Addict’s GUIDE to Male POVs!
Other Reviews Posted
- Isla and the Happily Ever After was cute, but I had a few issues with it.
- Still in love with Scott Lynch’s books! Here’s my review for Red Seas Under Red Skies
- I binge-read Sarah J. Maas’s books! Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire were both reviewed in September!
- Kasie West rocks. I really loved Split Second!
- I had some issues with Her Dark Curiosity… But it also set me up to want book three!
- Mistborn trilogy… Here I come!
- Last but not least, I reviewed the audiobook of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, narrated by TV show star Tom Mison!
Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
- 9/4/14: Alex from Booksy Daisy Reviews
- 9/11/14: Caitlin from Caitlin Marie Reads
- 9/18/14: Melissa from Bookmark Dragon
- 9/25/14: Lindsay from Broke Book Girls
Other Features & Discussions
- I shared what characters I would want to be at my lunch table on 9/2’s Top Ten Tuesday!
- My Latest Bookish Addiction this time around was pre-ordering books!
- Fall was the theme on this month’s Pub Date post!
- On 9/16, Top Ten Tuesday had me sharing which authors I’ve only read one book from and need to read MORE!
- On the Same Page featured Burial Rites this month!
- I did the Seven Deadly Sins Book Tag
- A Fortnight of Fright is back! Sign-ups to participate in the two-week long Halloween event are still open through 10/6/14
- I shared my fall TBR on 9/23’s TTT!
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR OCTOBER?
- I did not even do well AT ALL with catching on up September/October ARCs. You win, books. I’m going to try again this month but… Ha. We’ll see.
- Alyssa, Amy and I are hosting A Fortnight of Fright from October 17th – 31st! We hope you’ll join us in celebrating Halloween with this event!
- I’m going to the Fierce Reads tour in Arlington Heights, IL on 10/10 and OMG I’M MODERATING and OMG MARISS MEYER IS GOING TO BE THERE *deep breaths* I will try not to fangirl TOO much but I’ll still be an awkward mess, I’m sure.