Hi, friends! I just got MARRIED and am now on my honeymoon in Aruba!!! I won’t be able to attend to my blog this week since Shane and I are having fun in the sun and relaxing, but not to worry — I’ve left my blog in good hands. All this week, I have a series of guest post-ers (and they all have some pretty great posts!
Today’s guest post is from author Lauren Smith whose new novel, His Wicked Seduction, was just released on Tuesday, November 11th! She has a great guest post for us today so check it out below!
10 Ways to Make a Rake Fall in Love with You
A little bird recently told me that Brittany is getting MARRIED! How exciting and wonderful! I couldn’t think of a better love story than hers, a bookworm and a man into cars falling in love and tying the knot. That sounds just like the next great romance novel! (Hint hint.) Naturally I wanted to add my congratulations and Horatia Sheridan, the heroine from my latest novel, His Wicked Seduction, wanted to offer some good advice for all those other ladies out there still searching for the own happily ever afters.
- Always tuck your nose in a book. He can’t resist a smart woman who has better things to do than try to find a husband.
- When he comes over to visit your brother (his best friend), play it cool. He’ll like the challenge of a good seduction.
- During your first kiss, be sure to kiss him back at first, and then shove him away. He’ll see your passion and your good sense and want you all the more.
- When an old enemy from his past threatens your life, accept the rake’s invitation to go to his home for Christmas. It’s only fair to let him protect you since he wants to be a hero.
- Make sure to notice all the mistletoe and kissing boughs his younger brother hung all over the house. Rakes love a good surprise kiss.
- If he has brothers, make sure to dance with all of them. He’ll not want to share you with anyone.
- When engaged in a snowball fight with his family and friends, make sure you beat him. Rakes have egos but they love spirited, cunning ladies.
- Turn to him when you’re hurting because a good rake loves to ease a woman’s sufferings and will want to hold you while you cry.
- Don’t let your brother find out you love his friend. They might end up dueling on Christmas Day.
- If he runs into a burning cottage to save your injured brother, go in after him. He’ll see how much you love him, and he’ll be brave enough to love you back.
Congratulations Brittany! I hope you’ll post some fabulous wedding pictures for everyone to see!!
Lauren Smith is an attorney by day, author by night, who pens adventurous and edgy romance stories by the light of her smart phone flashlight app. She’s a native Oklahoman who lives with her three pets, a feisty chinchilla, sophisticated cat and dapper little schnauzer. She’s won multiple awards in several romance subgenres including: Amazon.com Breakthrough Novel Award Quarter-Finalist and Semi-Finalist Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley Award.
Her latest book, His Wicked Seduction, released on November 11, 2014 (Samhain Publishing). Warning: This book contains an intelligent lady who is determined to seduce her brother’s friend, a brooding rake whose toy of choice in bed is a little bit of bondage with a piece of red silk, a loyal band of merry rogues and a Christmas love so scorching you’ll need fresh snow to extinguish it.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads | Website | Twitter
Thank you so much for guest posting on my blog today, Lauren!! I think that is VERY sound advice 😉 Such a fun post and I’m so happy to have had you on the blog today!
What do you think, guys? A surefire way to romance? 😀 And be sure to check out Lauren’s latest book from the links above!
1 thought on “Guest Post from Lauren Smith: “How to Make a Rake Fall in Love With You””
Great ideas 😉