Are you a big collector of your favorite series or authors? Constantly on the hunt for one of the the LAST books you need to complete that collection? Let us introduce you to a new feature from The Book Addict’s Guide and Andi’s ABCs called HAVE YOU SEEN THIS…?
The idea started when Andi and I were talking about how we still need one or two books to finish out our collections of our favorite series… but they’re pretty hard to find! Currently, we’re both on the hunt for old ARCs that we’re sure most people have long gotten rid of… but there must be SOMEONE out there who still has it who might be happy to trade for a new copy of the book or something else in exchange. I was actually fortunate enough to spot a copy of a CINDER ARC in an instagram photo from Heidi at Bunbury in the Stacks and she was gracious enough to send me her ARC so I could complete my collection and I replaced her book with a finished copy! I was hoping that I could repeat this situation with someone else if I could only figure out who might have that precious copy that I’ve been searching for (if they’re willing to part with their copy, of course). But how would they ever know I was looking for that book? Andi and I put HAVE YOU SEEN THIS… into effect as a place for people to share which books they’re looking for to complete their collections — whether it be an old ARC, a rare edition, or international copy. I know I still have a few ARCs in my possession that maybe someone else is looking for but how could they know I have it unless they somehow happen to see it in a picture of mine? HAVE YOU SEEN THIS… is a way and a place for people to share what they’re looking for without going out and soliciting. It does mean that the people who currently have those books that you’re looking for will have to see the page, but we’re hoping this will catch on and it will be a place people will come to check, both as someone who has a book they’re willing to part with and a person who’s hunting one specific edition.
HOW IT WORKS
- Both Andi and I have set up pages on our blogs for this feature and that will be where each person will list which books they’re looking for. You can find a full list of all of the details and rules on this feature page!
- In short, if you’re looking for a specific edition of a book, you either create a blog post or list on a page which book and edition you’re looking for, then fill out the linky on the feature’s page. Each linky will be live for a month. If you don’t find your book in that month, you WILL have to relink up each month.
- The books you’re adding here should be the hard to find ones! Books you won’t find on any given book exchange/swap (think old ARCs, international editions, CDs/audiobooks, etc). If it’s a hardcover/paperback copy that you can actually buy from Amazon or B&N, the chances are better that someone owns that one and you may want to try more tradition swaps (like YA Book Exchange) to see if any are listed there. While we don’t mind “traditional” editions being listed here, please try to make somewhere like YA Book Exchange your first stop! The reason for this is that we will only being changing this linky out from month to month and it will be less traditional from regular swap websites. Trades will not be monitored and we will not be removing links once a trade has been made because we’re assuming these trades will be a BIT more difficult! (see below)
- Each person is responsible for their own trade so Andi and I will NOT be moderators of and trade being made. You will need to share some sort of contact information for someone to contact you if they have your book. It is up to both parties involved in the exchange to come up with the terms of the exchange.
- These are just the basic essentials but you can find the full details and “rules” on the Have You Seen This… official page! (Please also note that this is NOT the place to ask for unreleased ARCs. There are places to do that but that is not the purpose of Have You Seen This!)
We hope that this helps some people find some of those special editions for their collections! If you have something you’re looking for, head on over to the feature’s official page to link up!
This is also my official post for the books that I’m still looking for to add to my collections! These collections are looking for more companions 😀
Shouting out help to find these precious gems!
- [ARC] Firefight (The Reckoners #2) by Brandon Sanderson
- [ARC] If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- [ARC] Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (why did I give this away…?)
- [ARC] Grave Mercy and Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
FOREIGN EDITIONS (not like I’m expecting to find these! But you never know):
- [Foreign editions minus Spanish] The Lunar Chronicles (all books) by Marissa Meyer
- [Foreign editions minus purple UK Shadow and Bone] The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
- [Foreign editions] Harry Potter
- [Foreign editions] Any Gayle Forman books
If you have any of these books and would like to make a trade (either a different book or a finished copy of the ARC), please contact me at bookaddictsguide(at)gmail(dot)com! THANKS!
10 thoughts on “Have You Seen This…?”
I Have Dream Thieves and am totally willing to trade! I already emailed you about it. This is such a cool idea.
I’m currently looking for ARCs of Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas and I’m afraid they’ll be hard to find. If you have either, I might be up for a trade depending on what you’d want to trade them with! 😀
Good luck! Your collections are already amazing. :3
I love this idea!! I’m a total book hoarder too, so I can definitely feel your pain when you’re missing a certain ARC. Good luck finding your missing gems! 🙂
You might try Book Mooch for some of the foreign editions, you can trade internationally so it might come in handy.
OMG I gave my ARC of E&P away too! Well… I loaned it, but am not really expecting it back. If you want I can go see if I’m able to snag it back and send it to you! 🙂
Ooh, and I think I have a different edition of If I Stay that I don’t see on your shelves… unless I gave it away too. 🙂