April was a bit of a hodge podge… Not too much was going on and yet I feel like I didn’t get anything done! I actually DID spend a lot of time on behind-the-scenes stuff like updating ALL of my reviews from the old graphics to new, switching to UBB format, and cross-posting them to Goodreads, Amazon, and Edelweiss. WHEW. It was a ton of work but I also feel REALLY glad that it’s done and out of the way so maybe I can focus on more reading and coming up with posts now instead of formatting & updating!
- Number of Books Read: 7 — not great but also not too shabby!
- Popular Search Terms: “lunar chronicles character quiz” // “books to read if you liked divergent” (and similar terms) // “where she went ending” (how many times // “we were liars discussion questions”
- More Amusing Search Terms: “a good book is the best friend” (truth) // “to love a scoundrel” (I do!) // “lunar chronicles like star wars” (high five!)
- Most Referrals (non-social media): Andi’s ABCs, Rather Be Reading, GReads!
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (non-internal/social media): The Cheap Reader, Books Take You Places, Book Soulmates
- Once again, my “Guide” to Crossover books was in the top of my stats! Hooray! This is one of my favorites.
- People had a lot of questions on what to read after Divergent! Looks like this little post came in handy
- My three-year blogoversary was in April! I had fun recapping the last year + held a giveaway! (now closed)
Other Reviews Posted
- I adored DISSONANCE so I read the novella HARMONIC by Erica O’Rourke and loved it!
- Scott Lynch’s Gentleman Bastard series is SO much fun. I had a blast listening to THE REPUBLIC OF THIEVES on audio!
- I put together some mini reviews for THE AUDITION (a Seraphina short), PLUM SPOOKY, and a DNF “report” for TETHER
- I feel like I’ve had a rocky road with Lauren Oliver’s books. I enjoyed VANISHING GIRLS but not as much as I had hoped
- On the Same Page read THE WRATH AND THE DAWN together for April! It was a slow start for me but I ended up really enjoying it!
Goodreads Reading Progress
Bloggers featured on Book and a Beverage
- 4/2/15: Morgan from Gone With the Words
- 4/9/15: Alison from The Cheap Reader
- 4/16/15: Danielle from Love at First Page
- 4/23/15: Holly & Amanda from Gun in Act One
Other Features & Discussions
- I was on the blog tour for Emery Lord’s latest book, THE START OF ME AND YOU talking about how I adore the friendships in her books!
- I was a part of Ginger’s Open Letter to My YA Self event!
- I played along with Top Ten Tuesday on 4/7 and wondered where my favorite characters might be now
- I came up with a fun new feature called Redesign Reactions, talking about original covers and their new designs. April featured Anna and the French Kiss and The Book of Broken Hearts
- THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE was released in paperback and I got to be on the blog tour with Q&A from Leila Sales!
- I have trouble remembering to post for daily photo challenges so I started a weekly photo challenge called #weeklybookstagram! Check out the post to play along!
- This month’s Pub Date theme was travel and I really had a blast sharing my favorite beer & brewery spots!
- May’s theme for the Book Blogger Organization Challenge is all about spring cleaning! Join us to cull your shelves, catch up on some borrowed books & ARCs, and more!
- I got to see Melissa Gray, Rachel Hartman, and Arwen Elys Dayton on April 24th! I went to mainly see Rachel Hartman since I hadn’t read the other authors yet but they were such a fun group! They were all so funny and I had such a lovely time!
April’s Top Instagrams
B&N book haul today! Finally spend my gift card and got two books I needed for my shelf and one book I need to read! #books #instabooks #bookstagram #barnesandnoble A photo posted by Brittany S. (@bookaddictsguide) on
What’s in store for May?
- I’m heading to BEA but only for one day! Because of my honeymoon being only six months ago, I couldn’t really afford to stay the whole week (time off and money) so it’s just one day of BEA for me! But I hope to see you on Friday if you’re going!!!
- I’m excited for a few spring/summer reviews like THE DEVIL YOU KNOW, THE SUMMER OF CHASING MERMAIDS, and LAST YEAR’S MISTAKE!
5 thoughts on “April 2015: Recap & Wrap-Up!”
Your recap posts are always so much fun to read. I love all the info you include. 😛
I really enjoyed The Summer of Chasing Mermaids – can’t wait to see what you think.
Love the pics, too!
Can’t wait to see you at BEA lady! <3
Ah I wish I was up to date on blog maintenance! Kudos to you! Your BEA business cards are AWESOME and I can’t wait to see you at BEA! Maybe we will get a picture this time ;). Also, I need Ready Player One on my shelves but I have to buy the hardcover because it has the coolest spine EVER. I hope May is a great month for you!
Those business cards look fantastic! I hope you have a great time at BEA!
I will most definitely see you and the girls the one day you’re at BEA! And I’m loving those business cards. AND I can’t wait for you to read/review The Summer of Chasing Mermaids, because I really liked that one!
Love your business cards. They look fabulous. Have fun at BEA!