July was a really, really weird month. I had a lot of things going on at home and I’m guessing that was part of the reason I didn’t read as much but I sort of fell into a reading slump! I’m always an audiobook listener but I feel like I spent a lot more time listening to audios this month than reading a physical book!
- Number of Books Read: 8 — I guess that’s not TOO bad! It’s one more than I read last month, at least.
- Popular Search Terms: “books like divergent” and “books like anna and the french kiss” // “lunar chronicles personality quizzes” // “otsp secret sister”
- More Amusing Search Terms: “how to do french kiss step by step” // “throne of glass costume” (Yes, please) // “romance novel dead lover” (hmm)
- Most Referrals (non-social media): Perpetual Page Turner, Rather Be Reading, GReads!
- Where My Blog Most Often Leads You (non-internal/social media): Books Take You Places, Tripping Over Books, Book Nerds Across America
- The most popular post this month was my reading recommendation list for those who liked Divergent!
- As usual, my guide to crossover books and Best-Friend-Turned-Boyfriend Romance posts are still in the tops!
- Sign-ups for our Secret Sister project were open this month (now closed!) and the sign-up page and FAQs were some of the top posts this month!
Other Reviews Posted
- I caught up on some more Stephanie Plum with audios of SIZZLING SIXTEEN and SMOKIN’ SEVENTEEN
- I spent the month finishing Holly Black’s Curse Worker trilogy with RED GLOVE and BLACK HEART!
- I can’t wait for THE RAVEN KING to come out in February so I started my re-read of The Raven Cycle with THE RAVEN BOYS!
Goodreads Reading Progress
Featured on Book and a Beverage
- 7/2/15: Holly from The Fox’s Hideaway
- 7/9/15: Flo from Book Nerds Across America
- 7/13/15: Author Emily Lloyd-Jones
- 7/16/15: Amber from YA Indulgences
- 7/23/15: Author Amber Lough
- 7/30/15: Author Patty Blount
Other Features & Discussions
- I had another great fun sharing “17 Books to Give You A Book Hangover“
- Do you prefer the original cover for JUST ONE DAY or the paperback redesign? Share your thoughts (there’s a poll!) with Redesign Reactions!
- I’m hosting a LUNAR CHRONICLES (RE)READ ALONG! Join in — we’re starting CINDER August 1st!
- Did you grow up with Harry Potter? I feel like a lot of recommendations are for today’s middle grade readers so I came up with a list of suggestions for the older teens and adults!
- People joined in my discussion on why I like to go into books blind!
- Does a certain book or series remind you of someone? I did the Book Bloggers and Books tag created by Kaitlin at Reading is My Treasure!
- A tweet from Fierce Reads inspired me to write a little bit in defense of insta-love.
- I wound down the month with a new Pub Date post about beaches & BBQ!
- I went to Anderson’s to see Erica O’Rourke, Amber Lough, Joelle Charbonneau, and Christa Desir! Always such a delight to see Erica again!!
July’s Top Instagrams
What’s in store for August?
- A bunch more authors will be featured on Book and a Beverage!
- I need to catch up on the blog a bit! LIFE has been so busy but hopefully I’ll have some more time for reading and I can shake this little reading slump!
- I’m hosting a LUNAR CHRONICLES (RE)READ ALONG all throughout August, September, October, November, AND a bit in December. We’re reading CINDER in August! Come join us!!!
5 thoughts on “July 2015: Recap & Wrap-Up!”
I read Since You’ve Been Gone, too! I thought it was great, and glad I finally got around to reading it. 🙂
I hope you’re able to get out of this mini slump you’re in. Re-reading the Lunar Chronicles will hopefully help! Happy reading, Brittany!
Love your book photography. I need to start checking out my stats, especially the search terms and where people go next. Yours are always so much fun!
Love your book photography. I need to start checking out my stats, especially the search terms and where people go next. You’re are always so much fun!
Ahh, I hate reading slumps. I hope yours has passed. I can’t wait to read The Accident Season!
Looks like you have a great reading month! I really want to start reading The Raven Boys! It has been on my TBR list forever.