I feel like I’ve been reading a lot of science-fiction lately and I’ve really been enjoying those sci-fi books that I’ve read within the last couple years. Today I’m combining one concept that I’ve always enjoyed (time travel, alternate universes) and one I never thought I’d love so much (outer space) and assembling a of series and authors that are worth the recommendations and future reads, hence… TIME, SPACE, CONTINUE ‘EM
I adore time travel books. I’ve always been fascinated with the concept and there’s SUCH a long list of books I haven’t even touched yet that I really need to get to. Here are a few that I’ve read and loved!
- Loop by Karen Akins: Bree goes to school to learn the fine arts of time traveling | Goodreads
- All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrell: Marina travels through time to stop a madman’s destruction of the world around her | Goodreads
- Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone: Anna starts to fall in love with a boy who… may not be from this time | Goodreads
- Unremembered by Jessica Brody: Seraphina is the only person to survive a plane crash and must figure out where her life started | Goodreads
I think I may love alternate and parallel universes even more than time travel. It’s SUCH an interest concept and something that could be possible (I mean, we would never know, right?) and it’s so neat to see the “what could be”s and “what could have been”s.
- Dissonance by Erica O’Rourke: Del learns the ins and outs of Walking but finds out there’s more to the other worlds than she realizes | Goodreads
- Pivot Pointby Kasie West: Addie can see the possible outcomes of a decision and must make a big choice at a pivotal moment in her life | Goodreads
- Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas: Heart had multiple options for prom. Which scenario plays out the best? | Goodreads
- Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick & Suzanne Young: Caroline asks herself, should I stay or should I go? | Goodreads
- Undercurrent by Paul Blackwell: Callum tumbles into a world where everything is turned upside down in his life | Goodreads
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell: Georgie struggles to keep her marriage afloat when she discovers a telephone connecting her to her past | Goodreads
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver: Sam must relive the same day over and over again until she gets it right… but will that end up saving her life? | Goodreads
I didn’t use to be a big sci-fi person and I ALWAYS shied away from books in space or ones that dealt with aliens or alien invasions… But I guess I’ve been reading the right books because I’ve found some VERY enjoyable ones! Like… some of my absolute favorites.
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey: When the alien invasion comes in waves to destroy Earth, Cassie must figure out how to keep on surviving | Goodreads
- Armada by Ernest Cline: Zack Lightman is called into action when the threat of alien invasion needs his video gaming skills | Goodreads
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer: Cinder tangles with plague, royals, and an evil stepmother in a sci-fi Cinderella adaptation | Goodreads
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff: An attack leads to fleeing into space while Kady and Ezra struggle to reunite but also… survive | Goodreads