TOP TEN TUESDAY
December 8, 2015
It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish! This week’s topic was Top Ten New-to-Me Authors in 2015
- The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss instantly jumped to favorites for me! I can’t believe I read NOTW in 2015! It feels like longer than that.
- I adored The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace! It was her debut in 2015 and I already gobbled up the sequel which comes our March 2016!
- Jennifer Niven blew my mind with All the Bright Places. I was so involved in this book and it totally broke my heart.
- Illuminae totally rocked my world and I was so into the unique formatting! I had never read anything by either Aime or Jay before so it was awesome to see their work together!
- I adored Karen Akins’ time travel novel Loop. I still need to read its sequel (and conclusion)!
- It took me forever but I finally read Seraphina by Rachel Hartman! I really adored how music was involved and the writing just felt so welcoming to me.
- The Lies About Truth was my first Courtney C. Stevens book but it won’t be my last! Her character development was amazing!
- I read The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes this year and it was so much fun! I’m really looking forward to reading the rest of this series plus previous books that I need to catch up on!
- I’ll Meet You There totally took me by surprise. I read it one day!! It definitely won’t be my last Heather Demetrios book.
- I know, I know, I was late to the Huntley Fitzpatrick game but I had so much fun reading My Life Next Door!
- A Madness So Discreet was my first Mindy McGinnis book and I really, really enjoyed it!
Which of these authors are your favorites? Any of them you’ve been dying to try? I can’t believe it took me so long to read some of these!
13 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – December 8, 2015: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors in 2015”
I really enjoyed The Storyspinner too! I loved the dual timelines, and the romances were totally ship-worthy. Also a huge fan of Illuminae, I’ll Meet You There, and My Life Next Door (all 5 stars!)
Great list Brittany! I really need to get my hands on the Story Spinner and Fixer!
Illuminae and Sleepless have me wanting to read more by Jay Kristoff!
I just read The Storyspinner a few weeks ago and I was in love!
You’ve got some realllly great authors on this list. Jennifer Niven made mine too. All the Bright Places wrecked me. I’ve really loved Jennifer Lynn Barned for years, when I read her Raised by Wolves series, and I have always wished that her (but especially that series) was a bit more popular, so I’m glad to see that you enjoyed her other work! I hope you continue to find more fantastic authors in 2016!
I’ve been meaning to give Patrick Rothfuss a try and I actually have Name of the Wind checked out from the library right now. It’s just such a hefty book though, so I’m a bit nervous.
I NEED to read so many of these authors! The Fixer is my next book to read and I am so excited!
Great list!! Jennifer Lynn Barnes and Courtney C. Stevens made my top ten list as well.
My TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-new-to-me-favorite.html
I love Jennifer Lynn Barnes. She is so amazing! Glad you tried her this year.
Nice! The only author I’ve read from this is Mindy McGinnis! Just read her first book though, so I have a ways to go still!
Here’s my Tuesday Post
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
Oh yes, I loved The storyspinner :D! Such a fun book and I can’t wait for the sequel.
I’m happy you got to meet Mindy McGinnis writing. I’ve LOVED Madness so discreet and her Not a drop to drink duology is amazing.
Jennifer Niven and Heather Demetrios both made my list as well! I loved their books so much. I love Mindy McGinnis. I have you read her Not a drop to drink duology? It’s really good. I need to read A Madness So Discreet next. Here is my top ten list: http://bookbinges.blogspot.it/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-authors-that-i.html
Hooray for Mindy McGinnis! A Madness So Discrete really put her on the map of YA authors I think. So happy for her readership to grow so much with that book! This is a great list. I see a few authors I need to look into myself now 😉
Dudeeeee The Fixer was so good!! I cannot wait for the sequel and really need to find time to read her other YA series, I’ve heard nothing but amazing things. Heather Demetrios’ Something Real was one of my favorites of 2014. I started The Name of the Wind audiobook and got about halfway before I put it on hold. I need to pick that back up…