TOP TEN TUESDAY
January 19, 2016
It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish! This week’s topic was Top Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR
I always enjoy Top Ten Tuesdays where I get to talk about my TBR! So many magical things happen there and there are just tons of books that I can’t wait to read! This week’s topic is going over a few books that I just added (a lot of these are from ALA!) and I always love sharing that too because some of you need to add these to your own TBR — and I can’t wait to see what everyone else has too!
- Out on Good Behavior (Radleigh University #3) by Dahlia Adler | How I found it: Right of First Refusal cover reveal (also can’t believe I didn’t have this on my TBR already???)
- This is the final book in the Radleigh University companion trio from Dahlia Adler! It’s new adult and I adore the first book in the series (Last Will and Testament) and I am dying for more!
- The Safest Lies by Megan Miranda | How I found it: ALAMW16
- I am always up for a little more mystery/thriller in my life!
- Mirror in the Sky by Aditi Khorana | How I found it: ALAMW16
- I had actually stumbled across this previously but didn’t add it until I picked it up at ALA. It sounds really interesting and I can’t wait to see what it’s all about!
- The Radiant Road by Katherine Catmull | How I found it: ALAMW16
- This was another one I didn’t add until ALA because I was a bit unsure on the folklore side… But you namedrop Maggie Stiefvater and I can’t say no!
- How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather | How I found it: ALAMW16
- This sounds like a neat contemporary/thriller take on the Salem witches and that’s always something to draw me in! I hadn’t even heard of this one until I saw it at ALA
- Julia Vanishes by Catherine Egan | How I found it: ALAMW16
- This sounds really cool. Fantasy meets mystery/thriller? Yes, please! The title doesn’t make it sound too fantasy-esque but I will take it.
- I Woke Up Dead at the Mall by Judy Sheehan | How I found it: ALAMW16
- A publicist literally put this book into my hands at ALA. People seemed to shy away from it since it looks like more of a light, comedic take on a dark topic but I will take those any day! I find them delightful.
- Places No One Knows by Brenna Yovanoff | How I found it: ALAMW16
- I didn’t even know Brenna Yovanoff had a new book coming out (I mean, I’ve only read one of hers so far but I WANT to read the others)… I’m not exactly sure what this book is. Is it contemporary? Is it sci-fi? Either way, I want to know more about it!
- Up to This Pointe by Jennifer Longo | How I found it: ALAMW16
- This was another book I shied away from until I really read more about it at ALA. Antarctica!? Really?? Color me intrigued.
- Age of Myth by Michael J. Sullivan | How I found it: Trolling Listopia lists on Goodreads
- I don’t know much about Michael J. Sullivan or his books but you say “Brandon Sanderson”, “fantasy”, and “Scott Lynch” and I am SO there.
- Leave Me by Gayle Forman | How I found it: A combination of Goodreads and Twitter
- Uhhh NEW GAYLE? Yes, please! This is actually an adult contemporary which I really don’t read often but hello, it’s Gayle Forman. It’s a must.
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco | How I found it: Recommendation from Amy!
- Necromancer! I’m intrigued.
- Necromancer! I’m intrigued.
Are any of these on YOUR TBR? Any books you’re dying to get to first?? They all sound so good!
21 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – January 19, 2016: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR”
My TBR pile just grew. lol 😀
I’m really excited about Safest Lies. I liked Soulprint by Megan a lot. I’m not so sure about Gayle Forman’s newest… I love her writing but that book doesn’t sound like something for me at all. :/
Most of these I haven’t heard of, will definitely be checking them out on GR!
Definitely have quite a few of these on my TBR! I’ve got The Radiant Road (I saw Ireland and was instantly all YES PLEASE), Up to this Pointe (ballet!! Antartica!! ballet!!), Leave Me (GAYLE <3), and Out on Good Behavior (Yay Radleigh!!) on my TBR, and I'm quite looking forward to them all. And of the others, I'm most curious about Age of Myth. Michael J. Sullivan is an author I've seen mentioned by quite a few BookTubers, and I'm curious about his books!
I actually haven’t heard of any of these books before! I guess I shall have to wait until you’ve read and reviewed them to learn a little more about what they’re going on about within those pages. I’ve been a good girl and actually been purging books from my TBR lately instead of adding them. All part of my new year goals!
My recent review: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2016/01/soul-reapers-book-review.html
Places No One Knows and Leave Me sound great! I didn’t know about either of them so I am adding them to my TBR now. Thanks for sharing!
I just added The Safest Lies!
I didn’t even realize Leave Me was an adult book. I actually can’t believe I didn’t include that one on my list today because I AM SO EXCITED. I just adore Gayle Forman. I’m unfamiliar with the rest of these titles, so I’ll definitely have to check them out. I hope you get around to reading all of these!
Oh you just got me excited for the Bone Witch -but that is forever away! Looking forward to hearing about I Woke Up Dead at the Mall !
Place No One Knows and Up to this Pointe are both on my TBR. I’ve been going back and forth on I Woke Up Dead at the Mall, I’m waiting to see how other people feel about it before I decide if I want to read it or not because I haven’t heard too much about it.
Oooh Age of Myth looks really good! I preordered Up to This Pointe and it should be at my house when I get home today! I’m going to try so hard to stay on top of reading new releases this year.
Oh hadn’t heard of The Bone Witch or Julia Vanishes so added them! I love this topic because nothing gives me the same thrill as adding books to the old TBR.
The first book I read from Gayle Forman was ‘I Was Here’ and I really enjoyed it. ‘Leave Me’ has been popping up a lot today while I surf the TTT posts, so I think I will be preordering it. It sounds incredibly interesting. As a mother, I think we all have the feeling of getting it away from it all. I really look forward to reading this one.
Leave Me made my list as well. I do read about equal amounts adult and YA, so I love when authors cross over. Enjoy all your picks! I hope you get to them soon.
Great list! Up To This Pointe is one of my most favorite recent reads – I hope you enjoy it! Now I’ve added a bunch more to my to read list! 🙂
Ooh, I’ll have to look for Leave Me. YA contemporary isn’t my thing at all, but I did like If I Stay. Very curious to read an adult book from her.
Oh nice! I have to say that these are all new to me reads! Hope you love each and every one of them as you read them!
Here’s my Tuesday Post
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
I’m really looking forward to Age of Myth by Michael J. Sullivan! I love his Riyria series. I hope you’ll enjoy them when you get to reading them 😀
I knew about Leave Me, but I hadn’t known of the rest. So thank you for introducing me to the other novels! Most of my list is of some 2016 debuts and others.
So many books that sound really interesting here.
Thanks for the post
I am in love with the cover for Age of Myth. IN. LOVE.
Leave Me also made my list this week. I am so excited for a new Gayle Forman! I Woke Up Dead At The Mall also looks cute. I may have to check it out further.