TOP TEN TUESDAY
February 9, 2016
It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish! This week’s topic was a Valentine’s theme so I chose my favorite feel-good romances!
Lately I’ve been shying away from the more serious contemporary stories in favor of books that are light, fun, and just plain cute. We tend to call them “fluffy” but I don’t always agree with that term since so many of them really do have deep meaning and there’s much more under the surface even though the book may feel a lot lighter. I’ve chosen to call them my “feel-good” reads and these are my go-to recs for when someone’s looking for something a little lighter and not wanting to dive into a serious topic.
- ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins | This is my all-time favorite contemporary romance. Everything is just adorable, Anna and Etienne forever. I’ve read three times so far and want to keep on re-reading. Maybe I’ll do another for my birthday again this year…
- MEANT TO BE by Lauren Morrill | I still want to re-read this book! It was soooo adorable, totally a me book, and nerdy meets cute. Simply fab.
- ON THE FENCE by Kasie West | I LOVE Kasie West’s contemps! They are all amazing but ON THE FENCE is my favorite.
- ASK AGAIN LATER by Liz Czukas | This was Liz Czukas’ first novel and it’s still my favorite. Just plain cute, a fun twist, and just a riot.
- GOING VINTAGE by Lindsey Leavitt | I also really enjoy all of Lindsey Leavitt’s YA contemporaries. GOING VINTAGE totally hit a note with me and it’s still my favorite of hers so far!
- BETTER OFF FRIENDS by Elizabeth Eulberg | This book was simply adorable. I think it speaks to multiple age ranges and love that it addresses guy/girl friendships.
- THE SUMMER I BECAME A NERD by Leah Rae Miller | This was a total wild card and it was so stinkin’ cute. A lesser known that needs to be on your TBRs!
- ALSO KNOWN AS by Robin Benway | This is a bit less romance, a bit more spy novel but Robin Benway’s books are just plain FUN. (The romance also was super cute.)
- THE TROUBLE WITH FLIRTING by Claire LaZebnik | I have yet to find a Claire LaZebnik book that compares to this one! I actually almost passed on it. I’m so glad I read it!! I totally fell in love.
- PAST PERFECT by Leila Sales | Historical reenactment village meets adorable romance? Yes, please!
You can also check out my reading recommendation guide for “If You Liked Anna and the French Kiss” for these books and more cute contemporary romances!
8 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – February 9, 2016: Top Ten Feel-Good Romances”
I’ve been in the mood for more romantic reads this year as well! Not sure where this side of me is coming from but I’ll just embrace it anyway aha xD So, the only one I have read here is Anna and the French Kiss so I do have some reading to do. But I DID love that one like crazy!
I am so happy to see The Summer I Became a Nerd on someone else’s list! I feel like I never see it anywhere, and it’s so cute I’ve read it twice! But a big YES to so many of these, honestly: Meant To Be, Anna & the French Kiss, Going Vintage… *le sigh*
Kasie West’s books have always been my number one picks if I’m feeling a little bit sad and need a pick me up, I love them so much!
Kasie West is definitely a great feel good romance author! I also loved Anna and the French Kiss. Great list!
I loved The Summer I Became a Nerd and Going Vintage! They were such cute stories.
You know I love my feel-good “fluffy” reads! And these are great suggestions! I adore Meant to Be and Anna, both are on my list as well! On The Fence was another book I thought was very cute, Kasie West is always a good rec. Ask Again Later was such a funny book! I need to read some of these, including Going Vintage.
Ooh nice topic and picks! Have to say they’re all totally new to me! I probably should’ve tried doing this topic and picked some of my paranormal ones! Lol. That would’ve been fun and different, of course the books don’t always focus on romance, so might not have been the same! Oh well!
Here’s my Tuesday Post
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
“The Summer I Became A Nerd” sounds so cute. 🙂 I’ve added it to my tbr. I like any book that has something to do with your inner nerd, even if it can sound a bit cheesy.
I haven’t finished it yet, but The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak sounds like you might give it a try.