2016 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon
February 20, 12AM EST – February 22, 12AM EST
Hosted by: Alexa (Alexa Loves Books), Cee (The Novel Hermit), Hazel (Stay Bookish) & Mel (The Daily Prophecy)
I am SO excited to be participating in the annual Book Blogger Love-A-Thon again this year! I just love this event and how it brings the community together. I’ve met so many new friends and found some new favorite bloggers/people through the Love-A-Thon and I think it promotes something really great to meet new people and bring us all closer as a community!
The first post in the Love-A-Thon is a little get to know you questionnaire. You can get to know more about me below!
- What’s your name? Brittany from The Book Addict’s Guide
- Where in the world are you blogging from? The suburbs of Chicago. If you want to pinpoint me, I’m in the Naperville/Aurora area (but closer to the cornfields to the west)
- How did you get into blogging in the first place? It was totally on a whim! My friend Lisa found this awesome used bookstore in our neighborhood and we grew obsessed with it! I started reading a ton of books and wanted to do something with my reviews instead of just posting them on Goodreads so I came up with the idea for a blog (totally do not remember how because I didn’t even read blogs at the time)!
- How did you come up with your blog name? That used bookstore started feeding my book-buying habits! I couldn’t stop buying new (well, used) books and I wanted my review blog to be a guide for people who were looking for new books to read. It actually started off as “The Book Addict’s Guide to Reading” but it felt a little condescending that I needed to tell people how to read and it was also long so I just shortened it to The Book Addict’s Guide shortly after starting it.
- What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? Fantasy! Contemporary! And a little bit of sci-fi. Mostly YA but I’m reading more adult fantasy lately. I’ll read just about anything but those are the usuals around here!
- What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? Ooh boy, lots of stuff! You may know me as the host of Book and a Beverage (a blogger and occasional author spotlight feature) that I do every Thursday. I also LOVE infographics/reading guides, discussions, and do occasional features like My Latest Bookish Addiction, If You Liked…, On the Same Page reads, and for Halloween, A Fortnight of Fright!
- Best blogging experience so far? Probably being able to moderate the Fierce Reads event back in October 2014 with MARISSA MEYER (and other Fierce Reads authors). Just meeting her was so exciting and to moderate the event was a dream come true!!!
- Favorite thing about the blogging community? The people! It sounds cheesy but I’m being 100% genuine. I’ve made BEST friends from this community. (Seriously. They were bridesmaids in my wedding.)
- Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016! Ahhh! Okay. THE RAVEN KING, A COURT OF MIST AND FURY, HEARTLESS, CALAMITY, and CROOKED KINGDOM
- Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years! Ooh, this is hard! The rest of the Legend trilogy, AS YOU WISH, THE QUEEN OF THE TEARLING, THE BURNING SKY, the rest of The Darkest Minds trilogy
- What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? DISSONANCE by Erica O’Rourke! The books are just fab and Erica is lovely!
- Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? Anna Oliphant, Ron Weasley, Kvothe, Cricket (from NANTUCKET BLUE)
- Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? Captain Carswell Thorne or Etienne St. Clair
- Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max) Omg, LOVE this question! Celaena Sardothien (Throne of Glass), Cassie (The 5th Wave), Hermione Granger (Harry Potter), Vin (Mistborn), Locke Lamora (The Lies of Locke Lamora)
- Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? I make candles for two Etsy shops now! (Eep!) A bookish candle shop called Novelly Yours and a Disney-inspired candle shop called Magical Melts! My husband and I love to homebrew our own beer, travel, and go camping.
- Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? I don’t really do a lot of shopping! Not usually my thing. I do like seeing what they’ve got at World Market but most of my shopping is done online. I love Etsy!
- At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? This is so hard! The songs that mean the most to me are not as happy. We’ll call “my” song… “Always Where I Need to Be” by the Kooks
- Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. THE LUNAR CHRONICLES! THE GRISHA TRILOGY!
- What would your dream library look like? A darker wood (like mahogany), a fireplace, cozy reading chairs, obviously a ladder for the higher shelves, and a secret passage.
- Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with? Obviously JK Rowling.