Hooray! It’s my birthday!
Last year I did this long and detailed write-up about all of my favorite things that had happened from one birthday to the next but I feel like I just did that for my year-end wrap up and you guys have more important things to do than relive all of my old posts so I scrapped that idea! Instead, we are going to talk about one of the most important things about birthdays and maybe one of the most important things in the world: CAKE. It’s a CAKE-THEMED post today, just for fun!
I did a quick search and only had a few books with “cake” in the title (and really, this search and this post only made me so hungry) but I figured I’d share them with you and you can get hungry over them too!
NIGHT OF CAKE AND PUPPETS from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy and it’s one of my favorite novellas of ALL. TIME. It’s about Mik and Zuzana and how they got together which is a simply delightful story and Zuzana is one of my favorite best friend characters of all time. This series was wonderful but this novella just added so much more to it and I got to spend time with two of my favorite supporting characters. Plus, cake.
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE MURDER is the second book in the Hannah Swensen cozy mystery series. Each book comes with a recipe and I’ve actually made a few and they’re pretty delicious! I actually haven’t read any of these books in a long time because there’s a rather strange love triangle in them and the last I heard, she still hadn’t picked a guy. I didn’t mind the triangle aspect but I thought she was a bit too serious with both guys to really keep both of them on the hook and that actually bothered me enough to put this series on hold. I really had enjoyed them for a long time though and this was a series that really brought me back into reading again after my “dark days”.
100 DAYS OF CAKE is new to my TBR and it sounds very good! I haven’t started it yet but it comes out in May and it sounds like it’s going to be very down to earth and captivating while highlighting the importance of awareness for mental illness. I’m excited to read it because it sounds like it’s going to be realistic and still pack some humor in there. I’m hoping it becomes a new favorite. Plus, even though that cake on the cover is smashed, it still looks insanely delicious.
MY FAVORITE CAKES FROM BOOKS
- Celaena’s Chocolate Cake from THRONE OF GLASS: Celaena loves chocolate and maybe more importantly, she loves chocolate CAKE. I love this book and series so much that I had to make a candle for it. Also, anything that smells like cake… I’m gonna need it.
- Michelle & Scarlet Benoit’s Lemon Cake from The Lunar Chronicles: This lemon cake sounds just divine! I can honestly picture and I wish I could really taste it! It’s featured in a few different books throughout the series and the moments where the characters eat the cake leave me with a happy feeling as well!
- Dauntless Cake from DIVERGENT: Dauntless cake sounds absolutely delicous. Every time I hear about it, it makes my mouth water!
- November Cakes from THE SCORPIO RACES: We actually made Maggie Stiefvater’s recipe for November Cakes and they were soooo good. I had dreamed about them for years and they smell and taste like heaven!
- Harry’s first birthday cake (11th birthday) in HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER’S STONE: Awww how special is Harry’s birthday cake! I just adore the moment when Hagrid brings it to him. I’m not sure how good it would taste being that Hagrid made it… but the moment is touching all the same!
Of course there are some birthday giveaways!! I’ve got a few special prizes that I’ve been holding onto for such an occasion so check out the different prizes offered and enter the Rafflecopter forms below! Each giveaway is US ONLY (sorry, international! It’s just too expensive for me right now) and you must enter the Rafflecopter form for each prize you want to be eligible to win. Check ’em out and get to entering!
Hardcover copy of TRUTHWITCH by Susan Dennard
+ Truthwitch candle from Novelly Yours
PRIZE PACK OF 6 BOOKS
8 thoughts on “The Book Addict’s Guide’s Birthday + Giveaway | 2016”
Happy Belated Birthday, Brittany! I hope you enjoyed your cake! 🙂
This makes me want cake! Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had a great day. 😀
Happy birthday! I can’t believe how many bookish cakes you could think of! I’m impressed!
Happy Birthday! There’s also I Thought There’d Be Cake, which is on my TBR pile and looks hilarious. 🙂
My first thought was Cait from over at Paper Fury know that this post is all about cake?
Happy, happy birthday to you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITTANY! Hope you have the most wonderful birthday, and an exciting year to come <3
I love how you listed your favorite cakes from books. Many of those on the list sounds delicious! I hope your birthday is magical and have a wonderful birthday weekend!
Happy Birthday! Aw, I do love Harry’s 11th birthday cake and the wrong spelling just makes it even MORE adorable. haha