One thing I’ve noticed throughout my years of blogging is that old posts tend to be forgotten about once the week has come and gone. Some of my absolute favorite blog posts have been written months ago — or even years ago — and with the fast-paced nature of social media, it’s easy for posts to be missed, overlooked, or plain forgotten.
I used to do a monthly recap but it was sort of a lot of information at all once and to be perfectly honest, it was quite exhausting to put together! In its place, I thought a Throwback Thursday concept would be fun to highlight what happened this week in previous years! It’s a quick and easy way to share old memories (something I always love doing) as well as posts I’ve loved in the past and sharing them with audiences new and old.
- On the Same Page | Peter Pan Retellings: We read Peter and the Starcatchers for our On the Same Page buddy read and I came up with some Peter Pan retellings I’ve enjoyed and ones I want to read!
- Review: Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway: I love, love, loved this book. It was more serious than Robin Benway’s previous books and I loved how it felt unique. The story was beautiful and I really connected with it!
- Blog Tour | Review: Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu: I never thought I’d enjoy a book so much that had a religious tone but Devoted was so good! I like that the main character explored her religious beliefs and why she believed them, really starting to think for herself. It was religion-based but the story is really about Rachel really becoming independent and growing up.
- Blog Tour | My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal | “Live” Q&A: This was a really fun post for me and something I had never done before — a “live” interview! I met with up with author Bethany Neal (well, met up over the internet) and we did an actual chat to do this interview instead of me just sending off questions and her sending them back. It was fun to have more of a chat-style interview and we got to really have a conversation about everything!
- Discussion: Whatever You Do, Don’t Look Back! I had recently been cleaning up my reviews and updating them with new graphics and it was SO embarrassing to see how terrible my older reviews were! I ended up writing a discussion post on those feelings.
- Review: The Rules for Breaking by Ashley Elston: This was the second book in this duology but it was a series that I really enjoyed! If you’re looking for a thriller that’s more chase versus messed-up-crazy, this was a really enjoyable set of books!
- Top Ten Tuesday | Books Featuring Travel: I had fun with this one making a little map of where books took place and/or where characters traveled! It wasn’t much but the maps were fun.
- Recap: BEA 2013: My first time at BEA!!! Aw, the nostalgia.
- Review: The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler: This was my first Sarah Ockler book and I just LOVED it. I still want to do a re-read someday.
- Review: Frostbite by Richelle Mead: Surprisingly, this review isn’t too bad! I was deep in my love for the Vampire Academy series!
- Review: One Moment by Kristina McBride: This was the first book I read from Netgalley! I was even mindful of not posting spoilers as a baby blogger!
- Review: The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson: I wasn’t totally blown away but I was utterly confused and hooked while reading this one!
- Review: The Princess Bride by William Goldman: I actually read the book, finally! After all the years of loving the movie, it was time. The review… isn’t much haha.
- Top Ten Tuesday | Unfortunate Character Names: Four years later and I still stand by Renesme.
I received these two Polish copies of Shadow and Bone and Siege and storm as a gift!
My weekly recap for this week in 2015!
I won this Throne of Glass Litographs tee from Alexa Loves Books! (I’m afraid to wear it because I love it too much haha!
I shared Nantucket Blue and Nantucket Red as my favorite beach reads!
I started reading the ARC Of The Dream Thieves this week in 2013! Oh man. I had no idea what was in store for me.
I read Frostbite on my balcony! Oh, what a time!! I was just getting back into reading and this was shortly after I started my blog. I had only been blogging for two months!!
4 thoughts on “Throwback Thursday | #TBT | June 5 – 10”
I love this idea, although there is a bit of irony that your ‘Don’t Look Back’ post is on this list!
Haha quite ironic! Although maybe I’ve gotten used to looking back by now 😉
This is such a great idea to highlight older posts that could use some love! Definitely going to look at that bad character names one…
This is awesome! I’ve been thinking about old posts a lot lately. Some of them I’m super proud of and others should be completely forgotten lol