TOP TEN TUESDAY
June 21, 2016
It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful blog at The Broke and the Bookish! This week’s topic was Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year
For reasons like this (plus end-of-the-year surveys, I keep a “Best of X Year” list on Goodreads. So far, my “Best of 2016” list only has 14 books on it and a few were re-reads so it made it a little easier to narrow it down to ten for today’s Top Ten Tuesday! The selections will almost definitely not be surprising. In the order that I read them:
- THE LOVE THAT SPLIT THE WORLD by Emily Henry: I just loved this book. Epic romance plus alternate world/time travel was just excellent. I loved the writing and the book really gave me so many feeeeels. GOODREADS | REVIEW
- THE BANDS OF MOURNING by Brandon Sanderson: This is the 6th book in the Mistborn series and the 3rd in the Wax and Wayne era (so far there are two eras with plans for more). There are SO many things that come to light in this book including even MORE things pulled from the original three books and it just blew my mind. GOODREADS | REVIEW
- THE WINNER’S KISS by Marie Rutkoski: This finale was perfection. I just loved how everything was still so intense and there were so many complications besides Kestrel and Arin. Marie’s writing also grew with each book and this was just gorgeous. GOODREADS | REVIEW
- WITH MALICE by Eileen Cook: It’s no secret that DANGEROUS GIRLS is one of my favorite thrillers and WITH MALICE was so similar and yet, also very much its own story. I was hooked from the start and finished in one day!! GOODREADS | REVIEW
- THE CROWN’S GAME by Evelyn Skye: This book was so wonderful. It reminded me a bit of THE NIGHT CIRCUS in a way and I just loved the magic, the romance, and the imagery. GOODREADS | REVIEW
- 26 KISSES by Anna Michels: This book was so cute and the perfect summer romance! I just loved reading it and had so much fun. GOODREADS | REVIEW
- REBEL OF THE SANDS by Alwyn Hamilton: This had a SHADOW AND BONE feel to it but in a totally different setting. I loved the squad goals, excellent characters, great wit, magic, and just fun all around. I cannot wait for book two!! GOODREADS | REVIEW
- WHEN WE COLLIDED by Emery Lord: Emery Lord can do no wrong. Another realistic portray of teenage life with a focus on mental illness/mental health. Love, family, friendship. GOODREADS | REVIEW
- THE RAVEN KING by Maggie Stiefvater: Naturally. Another brilliant book from Stiefvater. The finale was amazing and I couldn’t get enough. GOODREADS | REVIEW
- THE RITHMATIST by Brandon Sanderson: I almost had CALAMITY on this list too but the ending wasn’t as fab as I had hoped so I bumped it as to not have three Sanderson books on my list (but seriously. I’ve read four of his books so far this year with plans for more). THE RITHMATIST read a little younger but it was just so much fun and I LOVED how I felt when I was reading it. GOODREADS
Do any of these books top your list for 2016? What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year?
9 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – June 21, 2016: Ten Best Books of 2016 (So Far)”
The Raven King and The Winner’s Kiss made my list as well! I actually have The Crown’s Game and Rebel of the Sands on my bookshelf waiting for me to pick them up. Now maybe I have more of a reason.
Thanks for sharing!
The Rithamitist has been one of my favorite reads so far this year as well! I want the sequel!
I have Rebel of the Sands and the first three in The Raven Cycle sitting on my shelves. I should really get to them!
The Crown’s Game is still on my TBR. There are so many royalty-themed books this year it’s kind of crazy. I have no idea how trends end up happening like this
YES to so many of these! The first five are particularly. The Bands of Mourning, The Winner’s Kiss, With Malice, and The Raven King are on my list as well. Seriously, fantastic list!
” For reasons like this (plus end-of-the-year surveys, I keep a “Best of X Year” list on Goodreads. ” SMART.
ARGH! I still need to read The Crown’s Game and The Love that Split the World. I’m so behind on all the good releases. And I need a reread of When We Collided.
OOoh nice! So many of us chose The Winner’s Kiss! It was really awesome! I still need to read The Crown’s Game! And With Malice has found its way onto my wishlist because I love a good thriller! Great picks!
Here’s my Tuesday Post
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
The Love that split the world is in my list as well! I loved that one! I recently read With Malice and it was so good. Great list. Here is my top ten list: http://bookbinges.blogspot.it/2016/06/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-2016-releases.html