In an attempt to get back into the blogging swing, I wanted to revisit my monthly recaps but in a much more casual way! Instead of focusing on stats and posts, I’m sharing some of my favorite things about this month, from books to merch to life and everything in between!
December was full of a LOT of re-reads, but it was actually pretty great because it kind of got me in the mood to read again! I had spent a lot of time in October and November watching shows, which is also great, but I did miss my books! I still have plans to do even more re-reads in 2019 (the Six of Crows duet, the Gentleman Bastard series), but I’ll probably space those out throughout the year! I know I’ll be reading SIX OF CROWS again in January before the release of KING OF SCARS!
View this post on Instagram
BOOKS READ (11):
- The Bone Season (The Bone Season #1) by Samantha Shannon | 4 stars
- The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn #6) by Brandon Sanderson | 4.5 stars (re-read)
- Look Alive Twenty-Five (Stephanie Plum #25) by Janet Evanovich | 3.5 stars
- Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes #1) by Sara Raasch | 4 stars
- Ready Player One (Ready Player One #1) by Ernest Cline | 5 stars (re-read)
- Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy #1) by Leigh Bardugo | 4.5 stars (re-read)
- Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy #2) by Leigh Bardugo | 4.5 stars (re-read)
- Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy #3) by Leigh Bardugo | 4.5 stars (re-read)
- Undying (Unearthed #2) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner | 4 stars
- One of Us is Lying by Karen McManus | 3.5 stars
- An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena | 4 stars
December was kind of a mixed bag! With holiday orders to work on, I didn’t want to listen to a lot of new books if I knew my focus wasn’t going to be there, so I opted for a lot of re-reads for while I was working. I actually finished three physical copies with eight being audiobooks, which I feel was pretty good! With time spent with family and going out for the holidays, I had a little less reading time, and yet I had more reading time not having to go to work some mornings.
2018 READING STATS
This year was the year that I read the most, ever! I read 133 books which “beat” my 2013 original best of 132 by one book, but I also read more novellas in 2013 whereas my reads of 2018 were more full-length novels. This was also by far my biggest year page-wise, reading 50,275 pages (according to Goodreads, counting by whatever version I had listed there) versus my previous best of 42,569 in 2013, so that’s 6000 more pages!!
- 2018 NUMBER OF BOOKS READ: 133
- 2018 NUMBER OF PAGES READ: 50,275
- NUMBER OF FIVE-STAR READS: 29
- FIVE-STAR RE-READS: 17
- FIVE-STAR NEW READS: 12
- LONGEST BOOK: KINGDOM OF ASH by Sarah J. Maas
- SHORTEST BOOK: PROS & CONS (novella) by Janet Evanovich
- FAVORITE BOOK OF 2018: MORNING STAR by Pierce Brown
I also did a countdown with my bookstagram friends with our #12daysof2018 favorites! I won’t post all of the photos here but you can check out my Instagram to see my top 12 reads of the year!!
MOVIES & SHOWS
December brought a bunch of new Netflix episodes and shows! Shane and I watched all of the new episodes of The Ranch, and I caught up on new show The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, as well as new episodes of Fuller House and Travelers. Everything was so good!
I also started watching Westworld and made it into the second season, but to be honest, I got kind of bored. There were a few good surprises and twists, but the overall plot is a little lacking for me. I get the point of it but I don’t really care out the end-goal so I’m not sure if I’ll finish the second season. Maybe later on down the road.
I just started watching Breaking Bad for the first time and within a couple days, I’m already almost done with season two! I also started a little rewatch of The Office on a working day where I didn’t want to listen to or watch anything new, so we’ll see if I keep going with a whole re-watch.
Lastly, there was the new Black Mirror “Bandersnatch” episode that was a choose-your-own-adventure! I only watched it once but I heard that there really are actually multiple endings and that they’re different and don’t all lead back to the same ending like I had thought, so I’ll have to keep doing it a few more times to see all the different paths!
I think I’m going to start a bullet journal for 2019 for all of my reads and TV shows!
2 thoughts on “What I Loved [December 2018 and Year Wrap-Up]”
So you can’t just mention that you read Undying and then not comment about it. I really enjoyed Unearthed and I can’t wait to get my hands on Undying.
It was very enjoyable but also very different! I liked Unearthed much more but it was a solid addition to the series!