In an attempt to get back into the blogging swing, I wanted to revisit my monthly recaps but in a much more casual way! Instead of focusing on stats and posts, I’m sharing some of my favorite things about this month, from books to merch to life and everything in between!
View this post on Instagram
January was a pretty good month! I had a lot of unusual reads for me, stepping outside of my comfort zone which was pretty cool! It was fairly consistent with some good, solid reads even if none of them were amazing yet.
I’m also really trying to get back into my #bookstagram photos! I had a lot of fun in December getting creative and posting my top reads of 2019 so I made it a goal to follow some more photo prompts and keep that fun going!
BOOKS READ (14):
- 🎧 The Martian by Andy Weir | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️✨ ⠀
- 🎧 Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes | ⭐️⭐️⭐️💫⠀
- 🎧 Replica by Lauren Oliver | ⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle | ⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫 (reread) ⠀
- 📖 A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer | ⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 Starsight by Brandon Sanderson | ⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (reread) ⠀
- 🎧 The Secret History of Us by Jessi Kirby | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 A Good Marriage by Stephen King | ⭐️⭐️ ⠀
- 🎧 A Good Girl’s a Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️✨
NOVEMBER READING STATS
- # BOOKS READ: 14
- # BOOKS DNF: none
- # PAGES READ: 6341
- # AUDIOBOOK HOURS: 11,359
- 5 STARS: 1
- 4.5 STARS: 3
- 4 STARS: 3
- 3.5 STARS: 1
- 3 STARS: 3
- 2.5 STARS: 0
- 2 STARS: 2
- AUDIOBOOK: 13
- HARDCOVER: 1
MOVIES & SHOWS
I started a bullet journal this year in part because I wanted to make my own reading journal but also so I could keep track of TV shows! I realized how much I actually watch while I’m working and when Shane and I sit down to watch things at night so I started keeping track of the shows I’ve been binge watching!
Here’s what I watched in January:
- The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix): watched latest installment
- Weeds (re-watch, Netflix): re-watch through season 5 so far
- The Ranch (Netflix): watched almost all of latest installment
- The Martian (movie, Xfinity streaming)
- Vampire Academy (movie, I don’t streaming)
- Let It Snow (movie, Netflix)
- The Magicians (new episodes as they air, I watch the day after via SyFy streming)
- Manifest (live TV, new episodes as they air)
I was too lazy to go look up what the actual new seasons were, but you get the drift, haha! I also didn’t do one of these wrap-up posts for December so I also find it noteworthy that I watched Season 2 of Killing Eve in December because I loved watching that show! There’s just so much on, I often forget what I’ve watched by the time the month is over.
I’m so happy to be rewatching Weeds because it’s such a fun (but also stressful) show and I don’t think I ever finished. I actually think I’m coming up to the point where I stopped last time so it’ll be interesting to see where it keeps going!
I’m also working on watching some book-to-movie adaptations this year and I watched three movies! The Martian was very good. A bit anticlimactic at times having just read the book, but I also definitely cried at the end. Vampire Academy was just plain horrible. And Let it Snow was cute! The book was kind of boring so I liked how the movie was more diverse and some plot points were changed to make a better movie.
1 thought on “What I Loved [January 2020]”
Great books this month! I just bought The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo and I’m really excited to read it, especially as Daisy Jones & The Six was so enjoyable for me. I’m also hoping to read some Christina Lauren books soon, I love their covers 🙂
Anika | chaptersofmay.com